Does she criticize your driving all the time? My B/N is a nightmare...

My Bomb/Nav is the hardest jury I have. Never happy, always fidgety, sometimes even getting handsy over on the cockpit side.

We weren't even doing anything moderately aggressive and she looks over and says:

"Your heel/toe work is on par with Michael Schumacher. After the head injury at Meribel."

Cruel. Just cruel. What's your right-seater like?

IMG-2276.JPG

Not bad as long as I’m in the right lane at least 5 miles before exit and going the right speed and filled up when it was already 3/4 full and took my water bottle out when done and …

Not bad as long as I’m in the right lane at least 5 miles before exit and going the right speed and filled up when it was already 3/4 full and took my water bottle out when done and …
They are still going to look at you sideways - like you didn't put enough bacon grease on that kibble. You're a failure,

I have a few from my wife:
You’re speeding and the radar detector is unplugged.

You don’t need to brake that hard!

It’s a minivan not a sports car take the curves slower! This is why you need new tires all the time!

STOP DOING BURNOUTS IN THE DRIVEWAY YOU’RE MAKING US LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF HILLBILLIES!

And my favorite copilot my oldest son (obviously not in the front seat)...
Are we going fast?! (50 in a 45)

Floor it!

Hey daddy, burnout!

Wooooaaaahhhhh!

Daddy go! (Sitting at a red light)

Hey daddy, mommy drives sssllooowwww!

I don’t like the van... it’s too fancy!

The "miles to empty" feature is the most wonderful invention ever. When the low fuel light comes on (and makes an audible ding, thank you very much general motors :mad: ) I can show her the 82 miles to empty and she settles right back down. I could just fill her up, but I know that there's got to be a station a little further down the road that is a penny or two cheaper! 😉

snickers who just got put out to pasture at 16.5 :(

He was a great copilot. for me. if anyone else was in the car with us.. he would pace, snort, whine, cry, and moan.. lol.
IMG_20190522_151812.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could bring my big black long-haired cat Wolf along on car trips.

As far as human co-pilots go, Miss Linda is pretty silent . . . but then she is about most things.

oilBabe thinks I allow too much space between our car and the one in front of us. It bugs her to have too much space.

Apparently, she likes a new windshield every 3-4 years.

My gf is the ultimate backseat driver haha. But then again I'm the same way with her haha. I think at least with me, it's the fact of not being in control that makes you very observative being in the passenger's seat.

My Indonesian wife learned late and can't drive, but has hair trigger freakout. I drove by a racetrack once (on the way), and pointed to it.

"I won top time of day in a sports car there, so don't tell me how to drive."

The "miles to empty" feature is the most wonderful invention ever. When the low fuel light comes on (and makes an audible ding, thank you very much general motors :mad: ) I can show her the 82 miles to empty and she settles right back down. I could just fill her up, but I know that there's got to be a station a little further down the road that is a penny or two cheaper! 😉
i have 20% of fuel left when the light turns on, but only when range drops below 50 km does it give a single beep. I have however found there is still half a gallon of fuel left when the fuel gauge isn't moving from the stop anymore...

Hey OP, you got my car! a P2 Volvo.

A talking dog is all anyone needs.

Yes, an XC70. Got it in the summer and spent all fall tweaking it/fixing small things. First Volvo. I am now loving it - perfect car for me/my needs.

Here's a pic of it last night at sunset at the Columbia Gorge crossing (i-90).

Some great posts here! Love the one about the miles-to-empty feature! spot on!

She's a hoot. We're heading to Priest Lake, Idaho today then to Sandpoint, stay there a few days and explore.

My shotgun/navigator never complains.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190920_080903.jpg
    MVIMG_20190920_080903.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 6
" First Volvo. I am now loving it - perfect car for me/my needs."
We're on our 3rd V70. Same feeling as you.
Friend's kid needs a car and I found one nearby...like mine, base model.
Not sure the lad has the courage. He says he wants a car with "cool factor". Hmmm...

" First Volvo. I am now loving it - perfect car for me/my needs."
We're on our 3rd V70. Same feeling as you.
Friend's kid needs a car and I found one nearby...like mine, base model.
Not sure the lad has the courage. He says he wants a car with "cool factor". Hmmm...
I was looking for a ski car for me. I have had bmws and audis before, some I loved. Couldn't find anything since 2000 I really trusted used and particular engine longevity/maintenance. XC70 hands down the best value there. Once I worked on it a bit and understood it, I went and got an S60 awd for my step son (was also looking to upgrade his starter car). I think the S60 is "cool" enough (or get him an R), maybe for your friend's kid?

Post more dog pics later; had a great drive Priest River, etc. today. The air out here is like breathing filtered sunshine. Just lovely. 2dogs has a great companion.

My gf is the ultimate backseat driver haha. But then again I'm the same way with her haha. I think at least with me, it's the fact of not being in control that makes you very observative being in the passenger's seat.
Since Linda doesn't drive, she doesn't make comments. I've known people of both sexes who do, so I clamp my mouth dead shut when I ride with someone else. I figure he or she is the captain of the 4-wheel ship, and I'm the passenger.

That said, there are some people I hate to ride with. They tailgate the car ahead, never look ahead to see how the traffic is flowing, stick to the right lane from which cars are always turning and so have to brake frequently and suddenly, switch lanes without signaling, and drive too slowly (like being a hazard to navigation slowly) for conditions. I try not to ride with them.

Back