Does Quaker State GF6-A Oil Meet VW 504 Standards?

I own a dealership and we usually have a small army of vehicles that need repairs and reconditioning. However I usually keep the racks open only for the serious repairs and upkeep. Those vehicles that only need an oil change, if that, go down the street to Firestone. On a cost/benefit level I'm usually better off having that done there since it's only $27 a vehicle.

We just had an oil change done on a 2017 VW Jetta. They ended up using a Quaker State GF6-A oil according to the invoice, and I'm wondering if that meets the VW 504 standard.

When I went to Quaker State's site there was no information on it. I figured this would be the place to sort that out.

VW norm 504.00 is specified as a 0W/5W-30 viscosity grade only. It is a mid-SAPS product with a HT/HS viscosity of 3.5cP or greater, a NOACK of
So no, Quaker State GF-6A does not meet these requirements.

I own a dealership and we usually have a small army of vehicles that need repairs and reconditioning. However I usually keep the racks open only for the serious repairs and upkeep. Those vehicles that only need an oil change, if that, go down the street to Firestone. On a cost/benefit level I'm usually better off having that done there since it's only $27 a vehicle.

We just had an oil change done on a 2017 VW Jetta. They ended up using a Quaker State GF6-A oil according to the invoice, and I'm wondering if that meets the VW 504 standard.

When I went to Quaker State's site there was no information on it. I figured this would be the place to sort that out.
This is interesting. Your business model is much different than any dealerships that I’ve been associated with. Typically the oil/lube rack generates a great deal of additional revenue via other repair discoveries (brakes, suspension, leaks, diagnostic warning lights) and additional maintenance items.
Does the Firestone store upsale to the customer or you?

This is interesting. Your business model is much different than any dealerships that I’ve been associated with. Typically the oil/lube rack generates a great deal of additional revenue via other repair discoveries (brakes, suspension, leaks, diagnostic warning lights) and additional maintenance items.
Does the Firestone store upsale to the customer or you?
You're looking at new car (franchise) dealerships. I own a used car dealership.

I'm going to get some VW 504 approved oil and switch it out. I'm surprised that Firestone's computer would approve this oil. They're usually on top of this type of thing.

I'm going to get some VW 504 approved oil and switch it out. I'm surprised that Firestone's computer would approve this oil. They're usually on top of this type of thing.
Doesn’t surprise me at all. Back when 0W20 came out they were still recommending 5W30 conventional for those vehicles.

Plus in a very real sense VW 504 00 is an approval, not a "standard" that an oil might meet. Either it has the approval or it does not.

I'm a bit surprised at Firestone since the typical quick-change places are sticklers for this.

Back