Does PYB 10w30 still have a sub 5 Noack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Whammo
Yes, I saw that but I imagine they have changed it since then.

Maybe, maybe not. Probably not too many eager to send in PYB for a VOA these days with 5 quarts of full synthetic for $14

Originally Posted by jayjr1105

Maybe, maybe not. Probably not too many eager to send in PYB for a VOA these days with 5 quarts of full synthetic for $14

A conventional with a 4.5 Noack is more desirable to me than a synthetic with a 10+ Noack for 3,500mi runs.

The latest TDS is dated 2018, probably to reflect the SN+ rating. The formula may have been tweaked to address LSPI. Calcium reduction? Would that have affected Noack?

A conventional with a 4.5 Noack is more desirable to me than a synthetic with a 10+ Noack for 3,500mi runs.

Why?

Originally Posted by IndyFan

Why?

I remember seeing here that new oil tends to burn off faster initially then flattens out. By constantly changing your oil at 3,500 mile increments with synthetic and a noack of 10% you will have more burn off (maybe carbon buildup??) than using a conventional of 4.5% noack.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back