does napa sell only bendix brake parts (pads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sell many Chinesse pads under the Tru-Stop line.
The Safety stop's are a [censored] shoot. Some are Chinesse, some are Canadian, some are even TRW.
The Adaptive One, are made by Satisfied.
I've never heard of NAPA Bendix pads.
I know they use to carry a lot of Raybestos pads, but not so much now.
You can check the MSDS on the website for the perticular pad you are looking at.
I know that the Ultra Premium pads are Akebono, but VERY Expensive.
If you have a couple days, try FCPImport.com
They carry Akebono ProACT ceramic's for cheap money.
I just bought a set for the Outback.

Its worth asking, some NAPA guys know their stuff and will tell you.

That much being said, I know the green box cheap-of-the-line ones I got for my Dodge recently were Raybestos still, but there could be variances.

Often NAPA buys stuff from Altrom Imports which re-labels OEM parts. They might have Akebono pads for your car if it was so equipped.

Most of their brake parts are not made by Bendix, they are made by Raybestos. However, many parts labeled Tru-stop, Safety-stop, and Adaptive One are some NAPA exclusive part that is often made in China.

who shops at NAPA? I order my parts online from Amazon lol. Last brake job I bought Wagner quietstop pads and shoes AND Centric OEM-quality front rotors for $80 shipped. That is enough to make anyone quit shopping the parts monkey houses.

That works fine until you need a part right now. Most Napa's here are pretty good about getting things in to the store within a few hours when they don't have in stock. On top of that, there are sometimes some surprises that mean it is cheaper to source something locally than online. Not as often, but it does happen.

I order quite a few parts online, but sometimes NAPA has parts at the same or lower cost than I can get them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back