Does Mexican beer have more alcohol content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dos eck-aze (phonetic for XX) Amber and Corona Extra give me a light buzz mid way into one bottle that I don't get from domestics. On the other side of the coin, Dos XX's Lager seems like watered down lite, major difference from their amber. Enjoying a Warsteiner Dunkel at the moment, before supper.

No, but the Oktoberfest German beers usually do. Paulaner was 7%, my current choice, Haufbrau, is 6.3%.

Dos Equis Amber has 4.7% alcohol. Dos Equis Lager has 4.3%. Corona Extra has 4.6%. They're all pretty light, IMO.

You want something stronger, try some IPA or some german doppelbock like Spaten Optimator.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Belgian Whites come in pretty hefty too, some at over 10%.

Many Belgian triples and quadruples come in at or over 13%, give or take. Beer of my ancestors
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tony1679
IPAs or GTFH....
10.gif
Stone and Dogfish make the best IMO. Just wish I can get them in OK
mad.gif

It has been a while Dogfish World Wide Stout one of the best pushes 18% + given the year and I think I was paying near $10.00 12oz bottle god I loved that beer.

Originally Posted By: tony1679
IPAs or GTFH....
10.gif
Stone and Dogfish make the best IMO. Just wish I can get them in OK
mad.gif

One of my favorite IPAs
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3818/9088/

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is beer like stale cereal with alcohol?

Only if you're doing it wrong...

This. If all experience you've had with beer is bud/miller/coors/other [censored] flavored water, then yes.

For anyone who actually drinks good beer, then no.

Southern Tier is quite good, I have to tour the brewery soon since it's in my neck of the woods. Personally, I'm a big Sierra Nevada fan of all offerings...

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Dos eck-aze (phonetic for XX) Amber and Corona Extra give me a light buzz mid way into one bottle that I don't get from domestics. On the other side of the coin, Dos XX's Lager seems like watered down lite, major difference from their amber. Enjoying a Warsteiner Dunkel at the moment, before supper.

There's a good chance you just didn't eat before drinking or may have been overtired, but as stated here those beers are all average or below average ABV...

On a side note, my new favorite Mexican beer is Pacifico, it's like Corona but with flavor...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is beer like stale cereal with alcohol?
obviously not a fan.

Only some beers fit that description. Heineken reminds me of Wheaties
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back