Does Corn Juice Kill The Plugs Faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering cause I got 200K miles out of my original Motorcraft plugs on my 99 Grand Marquis...Now that Florida is running 10% Ethanol wondering how that will effect the plugs in the long run.

Has anyone pulled plugs on a car running with 10% or higher Ethanol for awhile?

There has been talk of going to 15% Corn Juice...I already lost some mileage on the 10%...I can only imagine what will happen if it went to 15%.

Been living in a region where E10 is a norm. Haven't seen any issues RE: plugs go bad faster due to E10 (currently has a set of NGK iridiums (also on my fit as OE/factory units) on my wifey's Camry that is already past 80,000kms (*5 yrs old). Still behaves like new and looks like new.

Like I said before: the existence of ethanol in gas isn't that bad, at least the components we have in cars can get along with it fairly well (unless you have some old gas line, etc. that would corrode).

Q.

We have had E-10 in Canada for years and haven't seen any problems at all. I run my Iridium plugs in my Santa Fe for 100K KM (60K Miles) and they come out looking like new!
wink.gif

Ethanol burns cleaner. The only thing that might cause issues is that the refiners can use a cheaper blend of gasoline when mixing it with ethanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back