Does car insurance cover damage you cause?

Exactly, the truck was in primer as the original paint had faded out. was coming home one evening and some guy turned into me attempting a u-turn while parked at the curb, truck was hit on the pass door and again on the box. The door was reskinned and the whole panel on the box was replaced. 2yrs later came into some dinero and had the whole truck painted the original color. Took the truck back twice due to the paint peeling as the picture shows. This is the third time it happened and they wanted to charge for the repaint, I refused as they replaced the panel and paint. Got in touch with my Agent and said he would look into it. Later got back with me and said since the panel was replaced and covered by the Insurance claim they would cover the repaint.

They'll investigate and depending on the findings they may or may not cover. Generally insurance does not cover one's stupidity! (couldn't think of another word)
If you're to blame it's stupidity and they'll cover you. If it's the other driver's stupidity their company will cover you unless yours is a no fault state. The guy who tail ended me at a light had coverage. He will pay at his next bill, but he had coverage. If he runs into another couple bumpers, they'll keep covering him until they drop him.

Exactly, the truck was in primer as the original paint had faded out. was coming home one evening and some guy turned into me attempting a u-turn while parked at the curb, truck was hit on the pass door and again on the box. The door was reskinned and the whole panel on the box was replaced. 2yrs later came into some dinero and had the whole truck painted the original color. Took the truck back twice due to the paint peeling as the picture shows. This is the third time it happened and they wanted to charge for the repaint, I refused as they replaced the panel and paint. Got in touch with my Agent and said he would look into it. Later got back with me and said since the panel was replaced and covered by the Insurance claim they would cover the repaint.
I think I know what happened here. The matter became a warranty repaint that was arranged by the insurance (likely a DRP shop), not a new claim.

Back