Does anyone still make a decent counter top toaster oven that isn't $300?

We have been trying replace our older B&D toaster oven with convection that got dropped and now the door won't close right. The reviews are not good for the newer ones from B&D. Was looking at WalMart but they are sold out. Bed Bath and Beyond seems to have a good selection but most have bad reviews.

It looks like Cuisinart has a couple models. I don't have personal experience with the toaster ovens, but their small appliances tend to be decent for the price.

We have one similar to this and it has been good.

Consumer Reports has the Breville rated highest. We bought one 4 or 5 years ago and after we got it we stopped using the main oven except for Thanksgiving.
Just got a newer Breville model for our Delaware house and will give old one to daughter.

I will point out that the convection fan got noisy in the old Breville. We pushed the button to turn off the fan.

The newest Breville one can operate as an air fryer. It's still in a box.

What can one toaster oven do that another can't? Why are reviews so important?

Does it get hot? Yes. Done.

I'll second the Breville. We've had a Smart Oven Pro in the house for 5 years or so. It is probably the single most versatile kitchen appliance.

Not an inexpensive piece but well worth it for our family.

We paid a lot of money for a Breville. It died out of warranty. The control panel went out. So we got a Cuisinart. After about 18 months the toast selection went bad and it would only bake. So we bought a cheap $29.00 toaster and it toasts better than anything. Keeping the broken Cuisinart for air frying. No matter how much money you spend they are all junk that will not last.

The Brevilles are hit or miss. I bought one to avoid using the big oven. It worked fine for about a year then the control board started going wonky. It would just start buzzing and flashing or reset in the middle of cooking. Its a shame too because it was the nicest counter top oven I ever had, the most expensive too, and if you need warranty work you have to pay to ship it to them $$, no local service.

We've got a toaster oven that I think is a Hamilton Beach? We got it for free, and it works great!! Nothing fancy, just pretty basic.

Our four year old Oster stopped working last year but it came with a five year warranty. I had saved the receipt and Oster sent me a prepaid return label for my old oven. I shipped it back and within a week I had received a new upgraded convection oven from Oster. It’s my go to oven for baking potatoes and has been great for the last year. I’m very impressed with their customer service.

Back