Does anyone know of a light weight Floor Jack that has high lift?

I got two versions of their 1 1/2 ton aluminum floor jack so I know they changed the design and made it heavier a few years ago. Used to weigh just under 30 pounds but now more like 36. That one started leaking so I bought a new one but wish I could get the lighter one sealed up and usable again. A bit easier to lug from the closet to the driveway.

Unijack. Weighs 22lb but can lift as high as 21 inches. 6000lb capacity.

I tried this back in 2017; straight out of the box, great characteristics on the paper but in reality it was not working; I had to return it, so there is a reason why I stop shopping on Amazon or Ebay anymore
IMG_1281.jpeg

Then I stumbled on 1.5T at HF; I had on the list that Daytona jack also but for my needs that I'm doing, maybe 1-2 times a year, 1.5T fit the bill

I read the reviews about the ( unijack / Alltrade / Allnone ) and there are many saying it failed after little use. It looks like a good idea, but the angle that the force is applied to the hydraulic jack causes problems.

Another thing with all of these jacks is that it is not just how high it can lift. What is very important is the range of lift from after it is adjusted to make contact, to how high it can lift after that. Many that initially look good, actually only have a range of lift of around 7 inches, which might not be enough to get the tire off the ground.

Another thing with all of these jacks is that it is not just how high it can lift. What is very important is the range of lift from after it is adjusted to make contact, to how high it can lift after that. Many that initially look good, actually only have a range of lift of around 7 inches, which might not be enough to get the tire off the ground.

Block of wood (or other durable material, you could even cast something custom out of polyurethane. If using wood, I recommend stacked layers of plywood with alternating grain direction to reduce chance of splitting), cut to fit the jack saddle will make up for some of the travel of having to raise the saddle to the lift point.

I'm sure someone sells something like this already, and the shorter cast ones have a slot for pinch weld rails too

Last edited:
I'd have no problems getting a Horror Freight "Lightweight Racing Jack" again. Check min/max heights for lightest one that fits your needs.
(You mentioned Jack Stands already, no need to beat that dead horse further).

If you need more height, and can afford it, These parts from Pro Eagle are first class, I use them to get a 2.25T high enough to lift my truck off the ground from any point without committing to a 3T+ jack. You need the extension and the base to retrofit a HF jack.

(FWIW: My first choice would be a "Safe Jack" by Rennstand set-up; BUT, the max height was just a little too short for me (Not to mention price of ~$500 a PAIR :oops:)

Off Road Jack Extension 8" OR 15" , Lift pad EXTBM , Rubber pad
EXT13---EXT8---Off-Road-Jack-Extension_1200x.jpg
LIFT-PAD.jpg

th

Back