Does anyone know of a light weight Floor Jack that has high lift?

I am looking for a floor jack that is as light as possible because of my bad back and that I will have to carry it between my cellar and the street, but it should lift high enough to get the back wheels of my 2016 CR-V off the ground when I lift it by the rear tow hook.

NAPA has a 1.5 ton that weighs 28.66 Lb there part no BK7761006 and it can lift up to 19.5 inches. Does anyone know of one that weighs less than that, but can still lift as high or higher?

My back can handle 30 Lb on a good day, but the lighter the better, and on a bad day forget about anything that heavy. Unfortunately the lighter ones that NAPA has do not raise high enough. The more something weighs, the greater the chance that it will aggravate my back from lifting it. So I will gladly pay more for something lighter.

A 1.5 Ton lifting ability is enough for a CR-V especially considering I will only be using it to lift about 1/2 the vehicles weight at any place I put it, and of course I will only be using it long enough to get the jack-stands under it, and to remove them when done.

A lot of the videos I see regarding working on a CR-V show people using 3 ton floor jacks, and they weigh a lot more than what I am looking for. I guess that is because those have a high enough lift.

The CR-V has 6.7 inches of ground clearance, so I really do not need a floor jack with low clearance. Also, I would like the width of the wheels to be as wide as possible so it is stable when lifted high.

So, does anyone have any recommendations of a light weight floor jack with high lift?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and stays safe.

May your next year be a lot better than this one.

I've had a light duty craftsman trolley style jack break on me before. The way I had it positioned caused there to be some sideways pressure on it as the car lifted and it bucked. I want a jack that is rated for double what I'm lifting.

Thanks for the lead, but:

The Harbor Freight 1.5 ton aluminum floor jack sku(s) 64545, 64552,64832,64980 only lifts 13 and 7/8 inches and weights 33 Lbs.

So it lifts to a height less than the NAPA one, and weighs more than the NAPA one.

All I can tell you is that I’ve lifted each front corner (via the frame) off the ground, and elevated (it struggled due to weight) the rear lifting from the differential, on a 2wd 96 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Pretty heavy truck and potentially higher than your CRV.

Unijack. Weighs 22lb but can lift as high as 21 inches. 6000lb capacity.

When there is no snow, I will measure the space below the jack points to see if it is more than 11 inches. If this jack will fit then it looks like I will be buying 2 or maybe even 4 of them. Thank you.

Last edited:
Get an bottle jack and put it on some 2x6 boards.

I would not life by the tow hook. Look in owners manual for approved lifting point. If vehicle is lifted by a lift point that is part of rear axle you will not need to lift very high to get wheel off the ground.

Attachments

• 6A2FB58A-EEB9-42F2-850A-280F2FC198D3.png
    6A2FB58A-EEB9-42F2-850A-280F2FC198D3.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for the lead, but:

The Harbor Freight 1.5 ton aluminum floor jack sku(s) 64545, 64552,64832,64980 only lifts 13 and 7/8 inches and weights 33 Lbs.

So it lifts to a height less than the NAPA one, and weighs more than the NAPA one.
There should be lots of trolley jacks that meet your requirement but weigh in at less than 25 lbs. Try other auto parts stores. :)

I use a lightweight aluminum floor jack; had it long enough I forgot where I got it. My "tip" to you is that I also use a 3" X 3" solid round block of aluminum I got off eBay for a height extender. Mind you, I always jack on level ground with wheels chocked and use jack stands together with the jack. Safety first, last, and always. Best wishes; hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year. ;)

That's fine but the lifting point is not the same as the tow hook which the OP wants to lift from. Forces are in completely opposite directions.
OP should probably reference the factory service information.

I think the aluminum racing Jack from Harbor Freight would be a great choice they are very light and as stated above you can always use a piece of wood to make it lift higher.

Back