Does anyone in here own a Kawasaki VN 2000?

I'm thinking about getting one. I miss having a big, torquey cruiser to bop around on. I have the GW for touring, the VTR for sport riding, now I need a cruiser. There are quite a few of these bikes for sale in my area on FB Marketplace and they aren't expensive at all. They are a lot of bike for not so much $$$. Do any of you have one, and if so, what's your experience with this bike?

Sorry, don't have one. It's Kawasaki's answer to the big ol' Honda VTX 1800.
You have to ask yourself, do you want a Cruiser, or a Power Cruiser?

After doing some research, it seems that bike was only in production for 6 years, ending in 2010. That's about 13 years ago, so there can't be that many on the road nowadays. My concern would be availability of factory replacement parts. Of even used parts. There are several companies that say they sell parts, but when you go to order stuff they tell you the parts ordered, are coming from china, with no delivery date. I've run into that with my 2016 Voyager. And after waiting a month, they sent the wrong part. I would bet it would be tough to find a dealer willing to work on it, being how old they are. So you better be handy if you get one.,,,

Victory Cross Roads (but out of production for the last 10 years)
Loved that bike in the showroom but never got out and rode it when I found out Victory was closing up shop.

After doing some research, it seems that bike was only in production for 6 years, ending in 2010. That's about 13 years ago, so there can't be that many on the road nowadays. My concern would be availability of factory replacement parts. Of even used parts. There are several companies that say they sell parts, but when you go to order stuff they tell you the parts ordered, are coming from china, with no delivery date. I've run into that with my 2016 Voyager. And after waiting a month, they sent the wrong part. I would bet it would be tough to find a dealer willing to work on it, being how old they are. So you better be handy if you get one.,,,
It won't be any worse than my '98 VTR. I have found only two places in my local area that will work on it. So far normal replacement parts like tires, filters, chains, sprockets, etc, have been easy to find, but I have no idea about parts availability for infrequently replaced parts. I do know fairing parts are no longer made, and the used parts are drying up. The good thing about the Vulcan is that it's fuel injected. Nobody wants to work on anything with carbs anymore...I can do a lot of the maintenance myself, but for major jobs, I either don't have the tools, or the know how to do it myself. Thankfully, these bikes don't require much major maintenance...

Parts availability is a good question. I run a small fleet of older bikes, so I'll give you my break down on it.

It helps to own more than one bike, which you do, in case this one is down during prime riding season. Even for new bikes where parts are regularly available, it can take 2 weeks to get them! So the handicap of an older bike's parts availability is not much greater.

You don't have to know a local Kawasaki dealer, plenty of them sell parts online. I know Honda does a good job, I'm sure Kawasaki does as well, it's not Aprilia we are talking about there... and the aftermarket seems to take care of the rest, including NOS and used parts on eBay from the breakers.

Big bikes, even older ones, have high value to their owners. Current owners will spend money to keep their bikes on the road, so breakers on eBay will find the wrecks and part them out. Sometimes you may have to wait, or bargain with overpriced eBay sellers.

It helps to know shared components with other bikes, the parts sellers may not know every application, and be limiting their market artificially. If it's been listed on eBay for months, make an offer, you'll get a sale, or at least a counter-offer.

Know all the documented and undocumented maintenance routines, to avoid trashing the expensive bits.

In the past couple of years since returning to motorcycling, I've gotten into every aspect of maintenance and repair except for engine lower ends and transmission rebuilds (no need fortunately, nor desire, lol). I bought an air lift, which would be a real luxury for automobiles, but an affordable luxury for a multiple bike owner. Non-air lifts if you are very frugal, still worth every penny versus kneeling and bending. Again, having multiple bikes give me the courage to tear into a seemingly difficult job with confidence, knowing I can hop on another bike when the inevitable stop-and-wait-for-a-part happens.

I could never understand why Kaw didn't build that bike based on the 2000cc motor...I thought the Voyager was a bit under powered...
Before the Voyager, I had a 1600 MeanStreak that had some aftermarket performance goodies. The Meany was a screamer and would easily outrun the Voyager.

I'm thinking about getting one. I miss having a big, torquey cruiser to bop around on. I have the GW for touring, the VTR for sport riding, now I need a cruiser. There are quite a few of these bikes for sale in my area on FB Marketplace and they aren't expensive at all. They are a lot of bike for not so much $$$. Do any of you have one, and if so, what's your experience with this bike?
I sold one last year. 2006 with 30,000 miles. Loved it! Worst bike in the world at low speed, like riding a dinosaur. Comfortable on long rides with a backrest. Ton of power and one of the most stable bikes I've ever ridden at highway speeds. Only sold it because I wanted a touring bike. If you can get hold of one I say go for it! They are notorious for leaking coolant at the engine so make sure to inspect it. But great bike!

Back