Does anyone have experience dealing with Walmart.com when there is a REAL issue that needs addressed?

I ordered a $1000 PC on October 5th. It was scheduled to arrive on the 10th. As I type this, it is STILL in 'delayed' status and has not left their warehouse. I purchased it after finding it on SlickDeals, but it wasn't a super popular item. Not everyone has $1000 to throw around. I've called Walmart.com at least 20 times in the last 3 weeks. It's always the same foreign rep reading the same unhelpful script. 'Supervisors' repeat this useless charade. Let me be clear, I'm not a 'Kevin' demanding my item appear out of thin air, especially in an electronic chip shortage as well as a shipping container/port emergency. I'm realistic, and I understand the current environment. What I have an issue with is the fact that countless people are reporting on SlickDeals that their orders are being automatically canceled after 20 days. But it doesn't end there. Several times since I placed my order I've seen this item back in stock on Walmart.com, shipped and sold by Walmart directly, as recently as 1 hour ago. Two supervisors have told me the item is backordered without an ETA, and they positively do not have this item in any of their warehouses. So why is Walmart selling inventory they do not have?!? This is completely unacceptable. They have definitely canceled peoples' orders who placed them 20-25 days ago, but they're still taking more orders that they know they can't fulfill? If I wasn't in my current lucky situation and had my order canceled I'd be absolutely irate that people have the opportunity to receive one when I paid for mine weeks ago and was ignored.

What's even more infuriating is that there is absolutely nobody I can get information for beyond your local store manager or a dot com 'supervisor.' The only confirmed entity above these two that I've discovered is a "customer resolutions team" that can only be contacted via internal email. No website tech support, no fulfillment division, no corporate contact, nothing. I was even directly told that if my order is canceled (with or without my consent), I will have no leg to stand on. I won't be able to reverse it, I won't be able to reorder it if it's out of stock, nothing. I'm just completely out of luck.

So again, I'm not demanding things appear out of thin air. I don't care if I have to wait until 2022 to receive the item, as long as I actually get it. I'm just upset that I can't open the correct eyes to allow them to see the problem at hand here (allowing items to be sold when previous orders remain unfulfilled or were canceled, and they have confirmation of zero inventory). Does anyone else have any experience, information, or advice when dealing with a highly unusual issue regarding Walmart.com? Bonus points if you have some contact information...

Last edited:
If it has any sort of decent GPU (assuming desktop here) it’s likely being snapped up the second it hits in stock status. People have resorted to buying prebuilts like that to get the GPU for their system and then they sell the rest.

That being said… you’re probably completely SOL. Was the slickdeals one being sold direct from Walmart?

If it has any sort of decent GPU (assuming desktop here) it’s likely being snapped up the second it hits in stock status. People have resorted to buying prebuilts like that to get the GPU for their system and then they sell the rest.

That being said… you’re probably completely SOL. Was the slickdeals one being sold direct from Walmart?
Yes, it has a decent GPU (GTX 3060), but this particular GPU has the V2 chip/LHR. This is a major deterrent for miners, but I understand the gaming side of this fiasco is still high demand because of the miners.

Based on the umpteen calls I've made, I'm completely at their mercy. They may ship it, they may cancel it. There's nothing I can do about it either way. I've accepted this, but I'm just trying to figure out if there are any eyes at Walmart.com I can open to this inventory/selling issue.

Yes, this entire fiasco is strictly walmart.com first party. There are third party scalpers selling it for double on their site, but they're irrelevant to this issue.

Yes, it has a decent GPU (GTX 3060), but this particular GPU has the V2 chip/LHR. This is a major deterrent for miners, but I understand the gaming side of this fiasco is still high demand because of the miners.

Based on the umpteen calls I've made, I'm completely at their mercy. They may ship it, they may cancel it. There's nothing I can do about it either way. I've accepted this, but I'm just trying to figure out if there are any eyes at Walmart.com I can open to this inventory/selling issue.

Yes, this entire fiasco is strictly walmart.com first party. There are third party scalpers selling it for double on their site, but they're irrelevant to this issue.
I hate being the bearer of bad news but LHR/V2 was bypassed back in March when Nvidia “accidentally” released a driver that unlocked the cards full mining potential 😬

But yeah… they’re likely being scalped and short of raising absolute hell I don’t think they’re going to be able to help you.

Last edited:
Better get used to it. Not going to get better anytime soon. Spend your money with a retailer who has the unit on hand, or can actually deliver it. Just wait until we get closer to Christmas... 🤷‍♂️

Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart. Couldn't find three out of the ten *food* items that I went in for. Not on the shelves. Either empty shelves, or they just filled in the empty places with what they *did* have. Sure, it was the wrong item, but it looked better than an empty shelf, apparently. Went to the hardware store to get paint. Nope. No Dutch Boy MaxBond, no DuraClean, no Forever. Ended up with something by PPG. At least I got something.

Went by Rural King. Noticed that they just got done putting new shelf tags on the oil filters. Everything up in price. AC Delco and Motorcraft filters up by $2 each. Fram Orange can up $2 each, the other Fram up $1 each.

Better get used to it.

The most vicious thing you can do is cancel the order. Businesses hate to lose profits from a sale, but total loss of the sale is more hurtful because it costs them revenue, and revenue is what pays the associates and keeps the doors open..

I hate being the bearer of bad news but LHR/V2 was bypassed back in March when Nvidia “accidentally” released a driver that unlocked the cards full mining potential 😬

But yeah… they’re likely being scalped and short of raising absolute hell I don’t think they’re going to be able to help you.
Not on the newer 3060 GPUs. V1 is still driver-bypassable. V2s are not.

With everything going on, this does not surprise me at all. Unless your purchase is on the shelf staring at you, don't expect miracles anytime soon.

Reactions: JC1
If you paid by credit card, call the cad co & cancel the order. Move on - someone has to have a simillar item.
I did, but there's where my problem lies. I positively cannot buy (or even build) a similar PC for the price I paid for this one. That's why I'm upset at the whole issue. Here's the link to the product. The item was $999.00 directly from Walmart. I earned 5% back for using my Walmart CC. Additionally, I saved about $42 in tax by sending it to an address that doesn't charge city or county tax (state only). Most people who called about their order were given 10% off. So when all is said and done, my final cost on this is $895.73 ($44.95/5% back). Absolutely untouchable...the GPU alone is basically worth that. Here's my order summary:

20211027_040549.jpg

When it briefly appeared back in stock today the item price was raised to $1099.99. This, combined with my 10% discount, combined with the extremely limited stock is why canceling this order is not an option.

Last edited:
The most vicious thing you can do is cancel the order. Businesses hate to lose profits from a sale, but total loss of the sale is more hurtful because it costs them revenue, and revenue is what pays the associates and keeps the doors open..
Not an option. See above.

Sounds like you don't want to get your money back and you don't realize you're not going to get the product. You're about to lose $1000 because you think you're going to get something at some deep discount in 2021.

Not gonna happen. You either need to call the credit card company immediately or be content with losing your money.

All I can say is good luck but it's crazy how video cards are practically non-existent right now so I've pretty much gave up even looking for them until at least next year. The miner's are maybe part of the problem but just a small piece of the puzzle that's affecting the demand right now, when cards became unavailable the next ones to go were pre-built PC's that came with decent cards.

I positively cannot buy (or even build) a similar PC for the price I paid for this one
But in the real world, no one can actually buy that one either. Consider that it doesn't exist. The supplier realized they could make money pulling the GPU to sell separately, so this pre-built PC simply no longer exists.

The Walmart website sells stuff directly as well as listing for third parties. It will be very clear in the listing which way it is. I would not even try to buy anything that is not direct.

Last edited:
Stock levels on websites have always been sketchy, but these days they're completely useless. Discount Tire is doing the same thing....listing 3-5 day availability for tires they can't even begin to get their hands on. Expect this from everyone.

Definitely get the charge reversed off your credit card, and move on to the next vendor that lies about their stock levels on their website. Of course they're not going to display truthful information (0 in stock, not sure when we'll have more) because they want you to go ahead and order it, and sit around like a chump for it to eventually arrive. We've arrived at a phase in our supply chain where it's going to take legwork to get what we need.

Yes, WM has been fine. Try calling Slick Deals. All the shortages after the 2020 pandemic give new meaning to the words “harbor freight.” Since everyone is into bargains so much, “harbor freight” it will remain.

Back