Does anyone else enjoy political advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Lawn signs are good for name recognition and probably work for local races where I have to vote between two probate judges or whatever. However, there are chumps lemmings who vote straight party tickets so they apply the guilt of association from the somebodys to the nobodys.

Bumper stickers, one should tread lightly. I don't care about what's good for the prius driver or the escalade. I can probably already guess.

I don't subscribe to either the lawn sign or bumper sticker mentality. I think that people should research the candidates and make a decision based upon their record and values.

Our ballot is available for anyone to look at. Both my wife and I have researched and discussed every candidate (including the local township cemetery trustee), and we'll vote based on our research. Not on lawn signs or bumper stickers, which only appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Lawn signs are good for name recognition and probably work for local races where I have to vote between two probate judges or whatever. However, there are chumps lemmings who vote straight party tickets so they apply the guilt of association from the somebodys to the nobodys.

Bumper stickers, one should tread lightly. I don't care about what's good for the prius driver or the escalade. I can probably already guess.

I don't subscribe to either the lawn sign or bumper sticker mentality. I think that people should research the candidates and make a decision based upon their record and values.

Our ballot is available for anyone to look at. Both my wife and I have researched and discussed every candidate (including the local township cemetery trustee), and we'll vote based on our research. Not on lawn signs or bumper stickers, which only appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Indeed, I found lawn sign to only make the person who put it up happy rather than having any real effect on voters.

I've only found lawn signs and bumper stickers to be a way to put a target on your back for those who oppose your view, and are either downright hostile, or passive aggressive.

As for campaign ads, which come in so many different flavors now a days, I just get tired of them all. None actually tell you what their candidate has accomplished, and how they will improve things even more, nor do they ever spell out the campaign promises they originally made to get elected, how many they have completed so far, and why they fell down on the others, and if they are going to correct their oversights anytime soon.

As it is, I pretty much vote for the person who isn't blatantly lying to my face, or withholding pieces of information that would change my opinion of their campaign.

But, I look forward to the Election Season being over, and I can feel less insulted every day while I watch TV.

BC.

Last edited:
When election season is over they will instantly switch over to Xmas ads. Those almost universally annoy me. For starters they try and cheer someone up in 15 or 30 seconds enough to get off the couch and go to the mall.

we still have corners covered in huge bill board sized pictures of previous candidates from the last elections. Its rediculous how they can just leave their trash all over the city and not have to pick it up/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back