Dodge Viper

We were over at my brother in laws for the holidays. He had the hood up on his Viper, he’s always working on it, so I took a few pics. I thought everyone might like? It’s a POS, but it sure is pretty! :D
9B3C71F8-ABF5-460D-8287-F8D999455585.jpeg
F03AC29D-C33D-4182-9445-61230627E4C7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always loved the look of that car, I even thought of buying one a few years ago but like many things being able to afford to buy does not always equate to being able to afford to own.

I wonder what the Corvette on the wall is whispering to the Viper?
Why are you always beating me? The fastest production vehicle time around many road courses is held by the ACR vipers. They are a relative bargain if you are serious about smacking down the competition.

I haven't seen a Viper on the street in a long time. It's that a timing light on top of the engine? Haven't seen one of those in a long time, either. Always thought they were cool cars.

Back in '92 I bought a poster of one in 1st grade at the book fair. I vowed to own one. I didn't, I bought a Z06 instead. Kinda sad, kinda glad. Iconic cars!

Those master cylinder reservoirs get stained and make the fluid look worse than it is.

Only way to know is to measure moisture content

they aren’t bad cars. Pedals are a bit close together for Casual driving in normal shoes. It’s a slight chore getting in a out of it but they are fun to drive and turn heads when you go drive one around. That v10 singing even at lower speeds sounds good. Definitely not the most exotic sounding but sounds good

I know my 5th gen is a lot of fun, and a big improvement in build quality and fit and finish over the early cars. It's never required constant tweaking. I did rebuild the Tremec trans to be stronger, to better deal with the additional 400+ hp and torque.

Last edited:
Back