Dodge Lifetime Powertrain Warranty worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife really likes the Dodge Caliber and we are debating on buying one new for $17k or buying a 2008 or even 2009 with 25k on it for 11-$12,000 out the door.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
no it is not transferable. I believe the warranty if we buy used is 7 year 70,000 mile powertrain.

It has already been stated by Obama that the warranty will be honored even if Chrysler goes under.

Originally Posted By: wn1998
It has already been stated by Obama that the warranty will be honored even if Chrysler goes under.

And what happens in 4/8 years when Obama is out of office? I wouldn't trust it.

John

Originally Posted By: John_K

And what happens in 4/8 years when Obama is out of office? I wouldn't trust it.

John
Why would you trust a politician further than you could spit?

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I would be wise to not buy a Chrysler product for at least the near future.

Why? My brother has an 07 Caliber SXT with 43k, and he beats the snot out of that poor thing. It takes the abuse the no issues.

Neighbor has a 08 Avenger she takes pretty poor care of. Still runs fine.

They are no worse than other cars (just don't count the cheap plastic inside ;))

The PW just covers the "just in case".....

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
He will serve the entire 8 years.

I would only buy a Dodge if I got a super deal on it.

I'm thinking that the economy will be even worse in 2012 and that Barry will be a one termer despite the mainstream medias
attempts to make it otherwise.

Yeah?? Do you have that in writing?
LOL.gif
Better yet ask the 1,000 dealers who were given a week to close shop or the thousands of UAW workers who voted for him then had their plants like the one in Twinsburg Ohio closed with 3 days notice...
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Just be sure the fine print on the warranty doesn't read like his speeches. Page after page of "On the one hand...But, on the other hand..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back