Dodge Lifetime Powertrain Warranty worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think you incur $6000 in powertrain related repairs on vehicle in your ownership period? If you think so why even consider it.

Buy the used one.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: wn1998
It has already been stated by Obama that the warranty will be honored even if Chrysler goes under.

And what happens in 4/8 years when Obama is out of office? I wouldn't trust it.

John
Why would you trust a politician further than you could spit?

+1
Ain't that the truth.

I would stay far away from Chrysler-Fiat and Government Motors..As far away as possible.

It has already been stated by Obama that the warranty will be honored even if Chrysler goes under.

Watch out for double talk by Chrysler & the gov on this.

There are many articles about how they are Dodging their liability on recalls. Basically, they're saying that while they'll honor warranty claims on the previously sold cars, they're not liable for recalls or injuries due to recalls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: rjundi
Do you really think you incur $6000 in powertrain related repairs on vehicle in your ownership period? If you think so why even consider it.

Buy the used one.

well first off he also gives up 25K miles?? I believe he can do better than 17K on a new one.

Per the warranty, it is a [censored] shoot. If they arent around you loose but something tells me they will be around in some form or another.

I know a couple people who have them and they havent had any problems with them. As mentioned, the interior is kind of like my MIL's Corrolla, lots of hard plastic but at least the instrument panel is nicer and doesnt have the playschool knobs like the Corrolla LOL

Originally Posted By: ksJoe

There there are many articles about how they are Dodging their liability on recalls. Basically, they're saying that while they'll honor warranty claims on the previously sold cars, they're not liable for recalls or injuries due to recalls.

That's always good to hear!

Originally Posted By: ksJoe

There there are many articles about how they are Dodging their liability on recalls. Basically, they're saying that while they'll honor warranty claims on the previously sold cars, they're not liable for recalls or injuries due to recalls.

You must be lawyer. Per the bankruptcy, the judge grouped all pending and future claims on previosly sold product with the old group which will be liquidated. If you buy a new car since they emerged from bankruptcy, I guess if you have a claim and want to sue them, and if you can get a trial lawyer like Borstein LOL to take up a case you can still sue them.

Personally, the last thing on my mind when I but a new cars is worrying about suing some OEM, most stuff you here about is pure [censored] by trial lawyers, glad they got stiffed in the Chapt 11 proceedings LOL and hope they go to the end of the line, nothing but useless vultures.

We WERE talking about cars, right? He asked a question about CARS, not the government.....
06.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
We WERE talking about cars, right? He asked a question about CARS, not the government.....
06.gif

He asked about a car company that is owned by the government and a warranty provided by government.
07.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
It looks like it's good on gas, fun to drive, affordable, reliable, and not much like anything else on the road.
grin2.gif

Jeremy Clarkson would agree with you.
29.gif

Originally Posted By: Tempest
06.gif

He asked about a car company that is owned by the government and a warranty provided by government.
07.gif

+1

Originally Posted By: VNTS
You must be lawyer. Per the bankruptcy, the judge grouped all pending and future claims on previosly sold product with the old group which will be liquidated. If you buy a new car since they emerged from bankruptcy, I guess if you have a claim and want to sue them, and if you can get a trial lawyer like Borstein LOL to take up a case you can still sue them.

As I understand it (I'm not a lawyer), they've Dodged two liabilities. 1) lawsuits (as you've pointed out), and 2) recalls.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Personally, the last thing on my mind when I but a new cars is worrying about suing some OEM, most stuff you here about is pure [censored] by trial lawyers, glad they got stiffed in the Chapt 11 proceedings LOL and hope they go to the end of the line, nothing but useless vultures.

I agree. I wouldn't be concerned about inability to sue either. I would be concerned about a lack of recall support though.

In the last few years I've had more recall work done than warranty repairs.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
06.gif

07.gif

Alrighty then...
45.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back