Dodge Dart Cloth Seats Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart with factory cloth seats. The material is a darker color and seems to have very small indentations in the surface of the fabric.

I have tried cleaning them with a handheld upholstery attachment with a Rug Doctor steamer, as well as used a couple of different foaming upholstery cleaners.

After they dry they look good for a few days, then seem to turn back to a chalky grey color instead of black. Any idea what might be going on here? Also I am open to suggestions on any products or processes I should try to clean them.

Believe it or not, on one of the Dodge Dart Forums, one member who has the same problem said to take the seats out of the care and take the covers off and machine wash them.

Another said to pressure wash the seats, again after removing them from the vehicle.....LOL.

Anyway, I am looking for way just to get them back to the factory appearance. They material is very durable, and the seats look in great shape otherwise for being nearly 7 years old.

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions.

i use a 50-50 liquid tide + water scrub both ways with a sponge + vacuum dry. itwill take time setting in the hot sun or several fans to thoroughly dry as todays seats are foam underneath that soaks up moisture. i cleaned my light tan Jetta seats yearly with great success. indentations could be worn foam as its an older car

These seats?

[Linked Image]

Do NOT pressure wash them. They have side airbags.

Same style seats. Mine are black though with silver stripe down center. My car has the Rallye package.

Thanks

What might be happening is that you are using too much liquid. It soaks into the underlying foam in the seat. The seat cover might be dry but the foam is not so as you sit the dampness comes up. A wet seat surface will attract dirt easily.

Use a good cleaner for the seats. Afterwards spray a protectant on to repel further dirt from accumulating.

https://www.autogeek.net/carup.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back