Dodge Charger "Police Interceptor" on the Autobahn

Cool! I've never driven one. But looking at the video of him making turns, it seems the car could use a quicker steering ratio. Looks like you have to turn the wheel a lot getting on the onramp.

Appears to be an RT made up to look like a pursuit. No "certified" in the speedometer, chrome front grill, console and shifter in the floor, and hemi badge on front fender are not on a Pursuit.

Appears to be an RT made up to look like a pursuit. No "certified" in the speedometer, chrome front grill, console and shifter in the floor, and hemi badge on front fender are not on a Pursuit.
It is possible they swapped the gauges out. Lots of the Caprice guys get an SS cluster or one out of Australia, swap to the floor shifter and change the grill. Pretty easy to do with the police Charger. Way easier than the Caprice, I still have the certified one in mine and console shifter, but really didn't want to mess with. Mine was too clean never in police service. 130? The Caprice does every bit of 155. I don't know after that.
20200405_184040.jpg

20200405_184110.jpg

It is possible they swapped the gauges out. Lots of the Caprice guys get an SS cluster or one out of Australia, swap to the floor shifter and change the grill. Pretty easy to do with the police Charger. Way easier than the Caprice, I still have the certified one in mine and console shifter, but really didn't want to mess with. Mine was too clean never in police service. 130? The Caprice does every bit of 155. I don't know after that.
View attachment 76185
View attachment 76186
Very nice Caprice! I have a 2014 Charger Pursuit now, but I'm always looking for a nice Caprice. The Charger has been one of the best cars I've ever had, I'm just more of a GM kinda guy.

View attachment 76185
View attachment 76186
Yeah, that seems surprisingly slow. My SRT would do 180 IIRC, while my old uncorked E39 M5 would do 190 with enough road (few vids on Youtube of that one).

Very nice Caprice! I have a 2014 Charger Pursuit now, but I'm always looking for a nice Caprice. The Charger has been one of the best cars I've ever had, I'm just more of a GM kinda guy.
My Caprice has been my favorite car to own. It helps it was never in service, but I have owned Hondas, VWs, A Toyota, Corvette a few Cadillacs and a bunch of other stuff.
I swapped out the cam with one from BTR and it is right at 400 RWHP/400 FT/lbs of torque. The only other modifications are Magnaflow axle back and CAI. I wanted an SS, but this came up for 20,000 out the door and I couldn't pass it up.

Back