Dodge Caravan lower intake manifold gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 2005 Caravan is showing some leakage from the lower intake manifold gasket. I would like to just go ahead and replace valve cover gaskets and PCV valve while I'm in there. Contemplating on whether to take this on myself or take it into the shop. Has anyone on here taken on this job? Any pointers?

Neither engine is all that hard. If you have never done this type of job get a Haynes manual some tape to label parts car board to stick bolts through so they stay in correct placement and take your time. It's not really all that hard.

It's not too bad - easier than a 2.8/3.1/3.4 Chevy, if you've done any of those. Check to see if your radiator or water pump are beginning to leak. They're both common on high-mileage Caravans, plus you'll have the coolant drained anyway.

Originally Posted By: Wampahoofus
It's not too bad - easier than a 2.8/3.1/3.4 Chevy, if you've done any of those. Check to see if your radiator or water pump are beginning to leak. They're both common on high-mileage Caravans, plus you'll have the coolant drained anyway.

What he said.

You might need or want to rotate the engin position by disconnecting some motor mounts.

How old are your spark plugs? If they are old, you might as well replace them now, as reaching the back 3 is not always easy, and there would be more stuff out of the way to make the job easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back