Do you use two separate products on leather seats with vinyl trim?

Detailing a Kia Optima with leather seats. Like most near luxury cars, the leather is only on the seating surfaces, not the sides or back. I use Lexol on the leather and a vinyl dressing on the rest. Sometimes its hard to tell which is leather and which is vinyl. Lexol on vinyl doesn't penetrate much and I don't think vinyl dressing is too good for leather. Is there a single combo product that can be used on both surfaces?

Aside from some luxury and ultra luxury automobiles the leather you see in automobiles is actually top-coated with a layer of polyurethane. It's akin to the clearcoat on paint. Therefore I use Optimum Protectant for both the seats and interior hard surfaces. I will occasionally vacuum then mist and wipe down the seats with a cloth and distilled water. There's really no need to use any sort of leather conditioner on this type of automotive leather.

I use CarPro PERL diluted 5:1 on all interior materials (except screens). PERL is a versatile product with many exterior and interior uses depending how it's diluted.

I just hit the whole thing with Gold Class protectant. Puts a nice sheen on the vinyl parts until it eventually evaporates. Nothing soaks into vinyl either so not sure it matters what you use on it. Something that will sit on the surface and prevent UV damage is about the best you can do.

Meguiars Gold Class leather wipes are perfect for vinyl/polyurethane coated leather.

Didn’t care too much for the Armor All leather wipes.

Back