Do you use De-Carbon Foam ?

Looks like Wynnn's took the Foam from Sea-Foam.

Seriously, I "always assumed" that these deposits took months and years to accumulate and would be hard as diamonds.
Maybe doing such an application periodically....?

Doesn't Techron handle these kind of deposits? That is my once an oil change fuel additive. Hard to get wife to run fuel tank low after adding Techron. She likes to fill at 1/2 tank.

Lucas Deep Clean GDI is similar, it is sprayed directly into the intake "where tank additives can't reach". I don't know if it foams though. CRC Intake Valve Cleaner is similar. Lucas Deep Clean fuel system cleaner is a PEA based cleaner that goes into the gas tank, like Techron. They sell a kit that has both products. I use the Lucas Deep Clean fuel additive because at the time I bought it the stuff was much cheaper than Techron.

I used sea foam on our 2006 T&C years ago. It burned some oil so I thought hey why not it shouldn't hurt. WOW, what a smoke show as it ran in the driveway... It seemed to clean the engine up fairly good. Oil consumption was not a lot different post treatment. The one thing that I did notice and not sure if it is related is that the catalytic convertor plugged up on this vehicle some time later. This was the downfall to the vehicle as we were just starting out on an 1,800 mile road trip. On our way back home the engine would not go over 3,000 RPM no matter what I did. I have good reason to believe I burnt the exhaust valves in the engine and the oil use skyrocketed after this episode. About 2 or 3 years later we traded it on a new T&C. Near the end this thing was using a quart of oil in about 500 miles....

I would say use any of these types of treatments at your own risk. Again not sure if the 2 are related but it sure seems like it...

Just my $0.02

Probably the same stuff as CRC Intake Valve cleaner, which was amazing to watch. Took the intake off my Focus and sprayed the valves directly. Foams like crazy and turns the deposits into goo, which you can then brush off and vacuum out. I preferred not to wash that stuff through the engine and into my turbo.

Not sure how effective it would be shot into the intake of a running car. It takes time to do its thing.

Back