Do you use ARMORALL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofcourse it always looks nice but I usually dont use it because everything sticks to it and a day or so later it just looks worse. I used some today and well see how long it looks nice!
IMG_1804_zpsd9e40eef.jpg
IMG_1807_zps8f70a24b.jpg

I haven't used ArmorAll on anything in ages, besides their cleaning wipes on the interior. Your truck looks great. Please post back and let us know how it's holding up.

L-O-V-E those wheels on that truck.

I been using original Armorall for ages to clean and condition doors seals. Helps keep them clean and pliable, and it helps keep them from freezing in winter.

This was suggested by Audi 25 years ago...

Originally Posted By: knerml
I been using original Armorall for ages to clean and condition doors seals. Helps keep them clean and pliable, and it helps keep them from freezing in winter.

Good Idea

I can recall having one of the old Accords detailed by the inmates where I work.
They did a nice job, although I though that they'd gotten a little carried away with the silicone spray.
They used silicone on everything inside the car.
My wife drove the car several days later, and her foot slipped off the clutch pedal and she nearly hit the car in front of her.

I use it on my volvo truck with every wash. It makes the tires look nice and really brings out the shine in the polished aluminum wheels. Let's just say I use a lot of armorall
smile.gif

I also use a terry cloth to wipe them (tires&wheels) down at the start of each day...it's amazing how much dust gets stuck on driving down the interstate.

Funny you mention this,I do the exact same thing,only I use the Armor All Leather Protectant. I use it on all rubber seals (doors,rear hatch,t-tops). 20 year old seals are still showroom fresh
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Funny you mention this,I do the exact same thing,only I use the Armor All Leather Protectant. I use it on all rubber seals (doors,rear hatch,t-tops). 20 year old seals are still showroom fresh
thumbsup2.gif

Get a bottle of silicon brake fluid , works even better .

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55

thumbsup2.gif

I made that claim after looking over some of the brake fluid msds. But in the other thread it is implied that the brake fluids have plasticizers that could damage paint, despite it being silicone type and not dot 3 or 4.

I used it once or twice or if I'm desperate and at the car was and just want to go the extra mile. Hate the grease feeling their sponges make my hand feel.

I prefer meguairs natural and mothers vlr

Not into the glossy tire look anymore. If I do use tire dressing, I wipe it off so that it protects and looks clean but doesn't shine. Very nice truck, congrats.

I use it for plastic cladding on the escape, their leather cleaner and their spray tire shine. The tire shine is lasting over a month so far on my cars. They were only shiny for the first day, then a nice dark flat black since then. Just washed the cars again tonight and the AA on the tires was still beading up water.

when I was a kid, early 20's, I bought my first car of any type (new BMW 2002). The owners manual said use glycerin from the drug store on the rubber. It sort of worked but my grandmother kept drinking it.
ANYWAY, those of you who do the AAP discount routine might consider the large jugs of Armorall (and the full gallons of WD40 and PB Blaster also available) at a discount, saving your empty squirt bottles for refills. Just a thought.

The only Armor All product that I use are these wipes for the dash board and door panels:
78509_aa_protectant_wipes_cool_mist_25ct.jpg

It has a pleasant scent that isn't overbearing. It never occurred to me to use Armor All spray for doorjamb seals though, I'm definitely going to give that a shot.
To the OP: That's a really nice truck! Looks great
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: nitehawk55

thumbsup2.gif

I made that claim after looking over some of the brake fluid msds. But in the other thread it is implied that the brake fluids have plasticizers that could damage paint, despite it being silicone type and not dot 3 or 4.

Strange , I've used it for years and never had any issue with it . Regular brake fluid will for sure will attack paint .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back