Do you use ARMORALL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the "Vinyl and Rubber Protectant - Active Ingredients" thread here posters state that silicone is the main ingredient in most all of the products.
I started using a damp sponge to apply AA and other similar products. Reduces the shine and "greasiness". Some users water them down to achieve the same end result.
Strange how some products get a bad reputation because of an isolated experience and than people jump onto the bandwagon.

I test drove a Nissan Maxima back in 2003 or so. The dealership had Armor-Alled the dash and steering wheel to within an inch of their lives. It was like being in a fried-chicken fast food joint! It didn't smell, but it was greasy-feeling.

I've been using Meguiar's Natural Shine (once known as "Clean, Shine & Protect") and some 303 Aerospace I got on a gift card. They both seem to do about the same job, which is to leave the tires and plastic surfaces outside the car, and the vinyl dash inside, looking fresh and new but not greasy.

I should add that I used the silicone brake fluid for the door rubbers only , not in the interior or anything else . I find it stays with the door rubber longer and keeps the doors from freezing up during our winters up here .

Also , Rain X makes the ice much easier to scrape off as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back