Do you use a reminder sticker when you do your own oil change?

I do. I got a bunch of these for a couple bucks on eBay:

1660617354397.jpg

Really helps me stay aware of when the next change is due.

No, I keep my windshield clear. I simply write on my calendar on the day I do it, with the odometer reading. I typically do changes twice a year--roughly April and October.

Good find. Personally I use a spreadsheet to keep track of all car maintenance in one place. Some of my friends have little notebooks that they keep inside each car. Some use stickers like these. I know one older guy who uses a yellow grease pencil and he writes the oil change date and mileage on the underside of the hood or on the front cross bracing or plastic shrouds or engine covers.

I have a reminder in my phone's calendar for my own reminders and I have some stickers for my friends cars

I use stickers on friends or family cars but not on my own because it has an OLM. Although in the past when I had older vehicles I did use stickers on my own.

I did use FORScan to reprogram my OLM for 1 year/10k miles instead of the 6 months/7.5k miles. It’s still intelligent/variable based on conditions it just calculates it based on the new numbers I chose.

Back