Do you or have you used a sun shade in a vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used them before. I currently have my wife using one on her car because it is dark gray with a black interior. He car also sits in the driveway in the sun far more often then it gets driven.

In Phoenix? Oh yes :ROFLMAO:.

Have a Covercraft custom fit one for the Grand Cherokee. Crack the windows when parked. When getting back, roll all windows down and turn the A/C to outside air for a minute, roll up all windows except for the right-rear 1 inch and for about 5 minutes. Then roll it up and use recirculate for the A/C.

Car A/C doesn't leave the coldest setting here.

Edit: Add remote start and vented seats on high to that list.

Last edited:
Yes. In Tucson. Dashes are covered with mats plus the sunshades and in one car I keep one of those solar fans the fit in the window track.

IMG_20181225_135034.jpg

Yep....keeps the sun from fading and cracking the interior and also reflects the sun. I buy the cheap Walmart ones that are thin and fold up nicely.

Yep, a fitted WeatherTech. A nice shade. I'd love to find something for the side and rear windows.

Yeow! Just discovered that WeatherTech has something than might work.

Last edited:
Yep....keeps the sun from fading and cracking the interior and also reflects the sun. I buy the cheap Walmart ones that are thin and fold up nicely.
I used to do that. Then bought the slightly more expensive round ones that twist fold up. It's a worthwhile upgrade. They have sizes that fit specific cars better.

Yep, good for about 10-15 degree decrease with the interior temperatures during the summer. Plus as others have said it will save your dashboard from fading and cracking over time.

I have used, in past, custom cut oldstyle cardboard folding ones. I wish I could still find those old cardboard ones, because they could be made to exact-fit the windshield opening.

Right now I'm using the one of the big folding fabric shades out of my Focus, and it's a pain because it's about twice as big as the Mustang's windshield. I guess I need to go ahead and invest in something custom-fit. If I'm only shopping for a few minutes, I don't put it up, but if I'm going to be in there a while, it goes up.

Only in the summer. No need for one during the rest of the year here in New England. A good investment.

I have used, in past, custom cut oldstyle cardboard folding ones. I wish I could still find those old cardboard ones, because they could be made to exact-fit the windshield opening.
The fitted shades, such as those from WeatherTech, fit the window perfectly. Certainly for any car that I have owned. Husky also makes fitted shades and they appear to be even nicer than those from WeatherTech. There are others, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back