Do you love a good rain/thunder storm?

I was born and raised in Vancouver BC, the area rarely had thunderstorms, lots of rain but no real drama. When I was 23 I moved myself to Ontario and started work in Windsor Ontario. Now I can tell you that Windsor really does an amazing storm! Horizontal rain, churning green clouds in the dark sky, massive boooms ! I don't live in Windsor anymore, but in SW Ontario about 1 hour West of Toronto, every chance I get I sit on the front porch to watch these summer spectacles ! love the smell of ozone and nitrogen from Mother Nature.

I do and my house isn't really situated to enjoy them properly. Surrounded by woods and two rivers-- storms prefer following the rivers so don't hit me directly head-on too often.

The only thing better is having a Red Sox game on the radio during the event.

Sitting on my back deck under the awning sipping coffee and watching and hearing the rain come down. I love good storms. My dogs not so much!

How about you?
I love being IN THE RAIN...soaking wet to the skin, especially if it is comfortably warm and if there is a thunderstorm so much the better.

Love seeing the power of Mother Nature. It makes one feel humble which is a humbling experience for most of us.

Thunder.jpg

Thunder storms on lake Charlevoix as a kid were awesome! Now living in the Midwest the storms can get pretty wild. I don’t mind them but I do get my fill of wind and possible severe weather. I do love the smell of rain!

Just my $0.02

I have always loved thunderstorms...

I did some storm chasing in my younger days.

Closest lightning strikes nearest me have been while driving.

You know that bolt is close when you see that florescent pink light with that bolt hitting that close to you. It's a massive explosion with the lightning at the same time.

Yes. I keep a Coleman camping chair in the garage just for that purpose. Forecasts are now so accurate you can enjoy the approach of storms as well. Beats cable.

Sitting on my back deck under the awning sipping coffee and watching and hearing the rain come down. I love good storms. My dogs not so much!

How about you?
Me too, up to the point where my family room floods.

We need rain occasionally and get it here in Florida in the summer time.

I hate being on the road when it’s raining and everyone forgets how to drive, not turning on headlights, not staying in their lane, not keep proper distance from the vehicle in front of them, etc….

Back