Do you love a good rain/thunder storm?

Sitting on my back deck under the awning sipping coffee and watching and hearing the rain come down. I love good storms. My dogs not so much!

How about you?
I have a couple custom made wooden swings under a shed behind my fire pit and next to my bbq pit … The shed has a metal roof so just love sitting there anytime of year with a good rain coming down … Watching it hit the pool …
Even better when the Purple Martins join the percussion with their notes 😉

Yep. I love the smell of the desert when it rains. The 100+ temp and humidity the following day is for the birds though.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

I moved to the desert Southwest because I like it dry and hot. This time of year brings, "Monsoon Storms". (Basically nothing more than southerly airflow from the Baja).

But usually not many. Just enough to raise the humidity level enough to be uncomfortable. I'll be glad when we get out of this cycle in another month or so.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

I moved to the desert Southwest because I like it dry and hot. This time of year brings, "Monsoon Storms". (Basically nothing more than southerly airflow from the Baja).

But usually not many. Just enough to raise the humidity level enough to be uncomfortable. I'll be glad when we get out of this cycle in another month or so.
Wow, wishing away what little desperately needed rain the area really needs. Mmmm :unsure:

Sitting on my back deck under the awning sipping coffee and watching and hearing the rain come down. I love good storms. My dogs not so much!

How about you?

So much so I use rain videos as background noise to fall asleep.

We need some RIGHT NOW.

Yes in. I love thunder and lightning. Always have.

Growing up in the midwest one of the things I found odd about life in So Cal was that thunder became a very rare thing.

The shed has a metal roof so just love sitting there anytime of year with a good rain coming down
Our garage (detached) has a metal roof. When it's really coming down it can get really loud but I love sitting out there during a good storm. I alway count when you see lightning until you hear it, I think seven seconds means it's a mile away.

Reactions: 4WD
After the flood in 2016 , a heavy rain kicks in my PTSD . Not bad , but it's there .

After a dry spell - we keep getting a daily shower - like to chase them in the Jeep and wash the crud from underneath
These guys have been happy

ED93CFDD-26B9-4174-98FA-71C9EE0A11D2.jpeg
0A907826-3CA8-4056-A2EC-4615E99C70F8.jpeg
3367B5BB-A31F-488E-A1BD-3FC815403BD8.jpeg

I like a slow, consistent rain when I don’t have to go anywhere. But what I usually get is a deluge right when I have to go to or get out of the car, and I don’t like that for sure….

I like a slow, consistent rain when I don’t have to go anywhere. But what I usually get is a deluge right when I have to go to or get out of the car, and I don’t like that for sure….

Same here in Florida during the summer time.

Growing up in the midwest one of the things I found odd about life in So Cal was that thunder became a very rare thing.
I was going to say that the one thing I missed the most living in the San Joaquin Valley was thunderstorms. I think there were 2 the whole 5 years I lived there. The locals wondered how I could possible have lived where there were tornadoes. I told them we stood outside and watched! Earthquakes were not my favorite event, but the locals barely noticed.

The problem now here in the Midwest is that they aren’t gentle anymore. When we get them, someone has property damage. Rare to have a calm and enjoyable thunderstorm anymore.

Ever since the Derecho’s of 2011 and 2020, I can’t sleep if there is any wind or lightning. I used to chase tornadoes as a kid, but now I get worried about the storms.

I’ll take a good Blizzard any day. That leads to some good relaxing, until it stops.

I didn’t mind a good storm until I became a homeowner. Now a gentle drizzle is fine by me.

Back