Do You Know Your States Nicknames ?

The Garden State

Attachments

• 059FFC9C-969D-48B8-BAA2-C2AC91AAAC4D.jpeg
    059FFC9C-969D-48B8-BAA2-C2AC91AAAC4D.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 9
I cant think of all the nicknames at the moment but Saskatchewan is land of the living skies, which is on our plates.

In the winter we get the northern lights, sun dogs and throughout the year have some of the nicest sunsets I have ever seen.

Wheat Province is one that pops up.

I cant think of all the nicknames at the moment but Saskatchewan is land of the living skies, which is on our plates.

In the winter we get the northern lights, sun dogs and throughout the year have some of the nicest sunsets I have ever seen.

Wheat Province is one that pops up.
Currently "Land of the Living Skies"
  • "The Bread Basket of Canada"
  • "The Wheat Province"
  • "The Land of Seed and Honey"
Canadian Provincial and territorial nicknames >>>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_provincial_and_territorial_nicknames_in_Canada

After moving last year, I've been calling my new state of residence the "Tax Me State"...

We border the "Show Me State" so it seems fitting.

Lived here seven plus years and haven't found a piece of good prime rib yet. Where is it outside Omaha or Lincoln?
If you are relying on a restaurant that could be a problem, I'm not all that familiar with Columbus. Last year my boss fixed a couple that were really good and I have special ordered a few from Lou's in the past. The wife and I haven't been to a steak house in years, prefer to fix my own beef.

Throwing on some baby backs here in a bit. Cooking them on my gas grill using indirect heat, about 3 hours should do it.

Since we are on this subject, I am pondering getting a set of these. While I was born in BC, I have lived here longer and most of my family lives here. Its a great Province and treats us well.

Attachments

• 20201112_170623-scaled.jpg
    20201112_170623-scaled.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 10
Back