Do you have to wait to wax new paint with graphene products?

I remember in the old days it was recommended not to wax new paint for weeks or months after a paint job. Would that apply to the new products like Turtle Wax Graphene Flex wax? How soon would you use it?

Atikovi,

I’m assuming you’re talking about a “re-spray,” and not paint on a new ride from the factory?

Re-spray = ask the shop
Factory paint job = wax away

Has anyone actually seen a paint problem after wax? I've always heard the wait xxx days. But has anyone actually seen a modern day paint problem where you said man! If only you had waited 30 days, that would not have happened?

At work i detail a lot of cars from a paint and body shop that we have an agreement with, i have waxed cars only 5-7 days after being painted and have never had any issues or complaints.

I've never had or even seen an issue where wax caused issues with new paint. Clearly, new paint at very high end body shops is often sanded, buffed and waxed prior to delivery.

There are products made for fresh paint.
Yes, and we never used them, ever. We used standard 3M Perfect-it followed by the best wax we could find at the time. I'm not doubting that there could be a reaction. However most paint is baked at 140 degrees for some time, and has fully cured by the time the customer gets it.

Do you have to wait to wax new paint with graphene products?​

What does the bottle say? If the bottle is silent on this issue, what does the manufacturer's website say? If the manufacturer's website doesn't mention this, what did their customer support say? If they have no customer support, why are you buying their product?

As the above poster said, factory paint job is cured when it leaves the factory so you are good to go. After market paint jobs like after an accident need to gas out for 30-90 days before you apply any wax or sealant.

As the above poster said, factory paint job is cured when it leaves the factory so you are good to go. After market paint jobs like after an accident need to gas out for 30-90 days before you apply any wax or sealant.
Unless they're also baked/cured. Depends on the shop.

That's why the answer to this question will forever and always be: "ask your painter."

Back