Do you have a go to rotor/pads combo you like?

I don't really. Whatever is a decent price is what I get.

I had Centric rotors/ceramic pads on it but I just ordered Raybestos R line rotors and ceramic pads.

You?

Not just one but I have several go-to brands of pads & rotors depending on availability & bottom line price at the time that I need to do a brake job.
And even more than that, I have brands or line of pads & rotors that I stay away from.

Akebono ProAct pads and Wagner E-coated rotors. I have not gotten over living in upstate NY rust belt even though I live in DE. So costed rotors.

But will be trying the next Akebono pad up from the ProAct the next time I buy pads for the F250.

Now ask me about the favorite greases for doing a brake job and I have more to say.

Akebono ProAct pads and Wagner E-coated rotors. I have not gotten over living in upstate NY rust belt even though I live in DE. So costed rotors.

But will be trying the next Akebono pad up from the ProAct the next time I buy pads for the F250.

Now ask me about the favorite greases for doing a brake job and I have more to say.
Start a new post on that....👍😁

Always coated Element 3 rotors for me. Have used Wagner OEX pads on the last couple brake jobs with good life and braking feel.

My last three Honda cars....OEM all the way...Never had a braking issue and the pads gave me a long life ...

Stoptech slotted w hawk LTS

Frozen / Hawk LTS has also worked well for me.

EBC BSD series high carbon rotors and StopTech 309 series (para aramid) brake pads. StopTech also fits the 309 series pads in the StopTech Big Brake kits, but as I drive relatively conservatively, I do not plan on many 120-to-dead stop braking adventures that require all those extra pistons in the calipers. As brakes go, we place a high value on linear, progressive, action vs. subtle, subtle, slam-grabbing action as the pedal is applied.
As for Akebono ceramic pads, we have friend who lives in the upper Midwest whose garage is a few feet higher than the street in front of his home, with a long, but not especially steep, driveway. He had new Akebono brake pads installed in the summer months, and they were fine while the weather was warm; but, came the first frost of autumn, he went out one morning and started to back his car down the driveway, suddenly to find his car sliding all the way across the street until it was stopped by the wheels hitting curb on the other side. No injuries, and no damage to his car, but: lesson learned.

Last edited:
300. series Centric pads and whatever rotor I decide on that particular day. (For the Honda Cars, the truck will probably get OE Motorcraft pads)

The pads aren't the cleanest, but they provide me with the feel that I look for in my braking systems (sensitive tip-in and then linear the whole way to lock-up/ABS activation).

Tend to do OEM for brakes, but I'm the sort to get 100k+ out of a set, so... YMMV.

I do have Raybestos (I think?) now on a couple of cars though. I think it was cheaper, don't recall now. Autozone reman calipers go figure, wonder how long that setup will last...

Back