Do you have a Favorite Battery Brand?

I can't say I have a favorite as I have tried numerous brands and even used reconditioned batteries.

I did some research and just bought a Super Start Extreme from O'Reilly. Will see if I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type, size, warranty and AH (for Euro cars) are the only items that matter to me.

I just match OE requirements and find the best balance of price vs. warranty.

Last two batteries have been Sam's Club Duracell. Availability, price and convenience all played a part in the choice. Previously, I used Deka batteries from the local farm and home store, but they did not have the sizes we needed. If I need one for my 2014 Santa Fe, it will also be at Sam's Club most likely.

No favorite brand but I'm interested in the Exide Marathon. It is a EFB /Enhanced Flooded Battery.
I know there is a lot of hate for Exide here but this might be a diamond in the rough. Has a 4 YR Free Replacement Period.
Probably impossible to find.

Odyssey.

When you are 20 miles offshore and need to start a 700 Horse Marine big block its never let me down.

Last edited:
I’m using AC Delco maintenance free and Walmart Ever Start “Cap” batteries. No complaints but we don’t have super hot temps up here. I maintain the cap batteries once a year at the end of the summer with distilled water.

Last edited:
I get a real good deal on Deka batteries. Bought one today for my Jeep. The group 34's are sold out everywhere so I bought a 24 and cobbled it in today.

My cost $68.12 after tax with my old core.

Attachments

• IMG_20210102_100926.jpg
    IMG_20210102_100926.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 31
I have switched to Sam’s Club Duracell batteries. Twice a year they have them on sale for $20 off, I got a size 27F for my Tundra for $79. Group 24F on sale cost $82. They are made by East Penn. I used to buy Costco batteries.

Costco Kirkland (when I have time) or Walmart EverStart. Usually my batteries crap out late at night when not much is open other than Walmart. WM has decent return policy (not as generous as Costco) so I was able to utilize free replacement a couple of times after painfully having to go through multiple staff at customer service who had no idea what to do with battery warranty replacement.

Costco batteries followed by Autozone Duralast Gold. Those are the two brands I have had the best luck with over the last 20 years.

I use Motorcraft purely because of working at a Ford dealer. The price is decent and the paperwork is saved in our DMS.
What's the warranty like? I thought it was basically just 2 years although I see they have some that have a 3 year warranty. But Pepboys sells a Champion battery that has a 4 year warranty.

What's the warranty like? I thought it was basically just 2 years although I see they have some that have a 3 year warranty. But Pepboys sells a Champion battery that has a 4 year warranty.
The Max is a 3 year warranty. It was 3/100 but it is transitioning to 3 year like everyone else.

Back