Do you explore new music?

In music threads, it seems like a lot of members here are older guys that post YouTube clips of bands from 35 plus years ago.
Plus older people often say "I don't like todays music" or "Todays music sucks". The funny thing is that your parents most likely
didn't like your music you liked as a teenager and thought the same way you think today.
There is nothing wrong with it. I guess part of aging does it to us.

I'm not; I used to buy CDs not anymore; no music tastes as before! I'm @ 44 now

Music changed big time in the mid 1960s. Back then you had Pat Boone and Frank Sinatra vs Beatles and Rolling Stones. Today's music is highly produced and a lot of it sucks but there is a lot of good stuff today.

Moon Hooch, Too Many Zooz

Lorde, Billy Eilish, X Ambassadors

But yes, I mostly listen to 60s rock or 80s alternative.

A lot of my music exploration comes from popular culture and video games. And having an FM only radio in my box truck.

This is the kind of thing that AI will be awesome for... helping people find stuff that they like out of the tsunami of content available to us these days. That said, I don't find too much popular music that I like. Hip Hop killed pop and Auto Tune and Beat Detective sucked the life out of hard rock.

This is the kind of thing that AI will be awesome for... helping people find stuff that they like out of the tsunami of content available to us these days.
It's already being done. If you listen to streaming services such as Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Deezer, etc. they all make new music recommendations based on your past listening habits.

Don't think I've ever bought a record, cassette or CD. Music is something I can take it or leave it. Might listen to the radio in the car but when most of today's songs are whiney OH baby this or that, I just turn it off.

No not at all. I’m young and the music my generation has and listens too makes me sick to know. Heck I am still the one who buys CDs at Walmart and gets weird looks for doing so lol. Their are very new songs I like. Sometimes they will play one on the radio and I have to change the channel because it’s horrible. Some newer country songs aren’t too bad either. I mostly on listen to country and rock and whatever genre that Tone Loc is I listen to that as well but only Tone Loc in that genre.

It's already being done. If you listen to streaming services such as Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Deezer, etc. they all make new music recommendations based on your past listening habits.
Yeah, but it those are just based on previous song selections you've made on the platform. The awesome sauce will come when the AI takes all your other media consumption into account.

Old Dude here 58.....I Love listening to new music. I Listen to WDET public radio in Detroit Great DJ's always playing new stuff. (To Me) I have Spotify got every tune under the sun and i can't figure out what to listen to. Some times it's easier to have some one expose me to some new tunes.

Yeah I've found several new groups browsing YouTube. Blue Stahli. Not sure how to classify him, Hani El Katihb, sort of Detroit grunge White stripes but different, and She wants Revenge. They have a B52's vibe.

In music threads, it seems like a lot of members here are older guys that post YouTube clips of bands from 35 plus years ago.
Plus older people often say "I don't like todays music" or "Todays music sucks". The funny thing is that your parents most likely
didn't like your music you liked as a teenager and thought the same way you think today.
There is nothing wrong with it. I guess part of aging does it to us.
I explore new music alright, but it sounds like it came out 35 years ago.. These are made from 2010 till today.

Back