do you ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
g1328153603175645156.jpg

Whichever comes first
grin.gif

No. Waste of money.

Now if I had a garage, and could do the job indoors, in my comfort... Maybe I'd offer to do the job for others. At their cost, of course.

I used too. Ive become a LITTLE better. My last few oil changes have been around 3.5K miles. But it takes longer to rack up those miles due to my driving style. I am going to attempt to go for 5K oil changes from here on out...or MM 15%, but 5K will probably come first.

Nope, always went by miles until last year. The F150 is the first vehicle I've owned with OLM, and will be sampling with UOA next time it gets to 5%.

I was driving my first new car (a long time ago) across my neighbors ranch and the mileage came up for the first oil change and I changed it right there. In those days they would put the used oil on the back road to the shop to keep the dust down so I contributed to the cause. Today, I'd consider the 20 or so extra miles to my garage no problem, but back then.....,

If you feel like changing oil because you're bored, offer to change it for friends and neighbors. If you're that bored, I'm sure there's other issues with your car you could be working on.

I've moved from 3K to 4.5K on my oil changes with regular oil. I do a lot of short trips.

No as mentioned it's a waste of money and bad for the environment. Due to the stuff I've learned here, I stretch it out to 7,500 km (4650 miles) on my Sienna with the 3.0 V6. I also keep the oil filter on for two oil changes.

Regards, JC.

Originally Posted By: supton
No. Waste of money.

Now if I had a garage, and could do the job indoors, in my comfort... Maybe I'd offer to do the job for others. At their cost, of course.

+1

Seems like a very impulsive type of mentality. I know I've got a list of chores that take precedence over changing my oil. Why not use that energy to simply detail the car. If the car is detailed, then clean your house, shine your shoes or do any other menial task that provides you some catharsis.

No. Too much evidence presented here, that suggests too frequent of oil changes can be harder on an engine than infrequent oil changes. Besides, it would be just a wast of natural resources and money.

There are plenty of other things to do to occupy my time. Like detailing the interior.

Yup! done that a few times, my 83 Silverado has 219K original miles, still do 3K oil changes due to the fact that she doesn't get on the highway much, mainly short trips around town, "too frequent oil changes can be harder on an engine than infrequent oil changes"
crackmeup2.gif
where does this stuff come from, sorry but I ain't buying a lot of the [censored] put out on this forum, 45 years of driving, not 1 oil related problem with any of my vehicles, oh and yeah she gets a NEW filter with that oil.
19.gif

Truck and Trans Am get it ever 3000 because they sit and when the get run, they get run hard.

The Equinox and Grand Prix do short trips so every 4 to 5 thousand miles...

or sometimes when I feel like it.

Nah, I can't keep up with the other stuff in my life. But I still enjoy a good oil change.

First thing on a Saturday morning, everyone else is asleep. Put on some music I enjoy and have at it. Nothing starts the day like a leisurely oil change.

Or a good stiff drink!

Seriously, the only times I changed any oil ahead of service interval was if scheduling/distances involved made it economical or to generate some good, clean used oil for a filth displacement on a neglected engine. Kira

No. Don't feel the need to waste time, money and resources needlessly. If it is nice weather and I am bored, I'd rather put the top down, take a ride and work toward my next oil change in a pleasurable fashion.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Nah, I can't keep up with the other stuff in my life. But I still enjoy a good oil change.

First thing on a Saturday morning, everyone else is asleep. Put on some music I enjoy and have at it. Nothing starts the day like a leisurely oil change.

this IS sarcasm, I hope.there's an eerie calm to this post that COULD be viewed as a cry for help.the calm before the storm ? is a shooting spree to follow ?
courier's 2 posts are good.
joegreen -- just the fact that you asked this question is, well --- sad.
at any rate, thanks for my morning laugh, guys, and have a good day.i think that I'm going to sleep with the lights on tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back