Do you ever buy tools "just because"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. I just bought a set of Stahwille metric 10mm - 19mm wrenches on EBay just because I had never tried them. I have those same wrenches in Snap-On, so I don't think I will like these better- but gives me a good excuse to have some extras "just in case". I figure you can never have too many tools.
laugh.gif

Bought a nice Porter-Cable biscuit joiner. Still waiting to use it.

I also bought a coax compression tool, because I heard it is better than crimping. Not that there was anything wrong with my crimping tool, which I use about once every two years.

There are probably other examples.

Sure, all the time. funny thing is though some of the stuff i have bought just "because" turned out to be a real job saver and then went in to the indispensable bracket.
This is one example of something i cant do without and bought just "because".

I use it on hood cables, throttle cables, some e brake cables, snowblower and tracktor cables with a light cable lube. Its works like a friggin charm.

http://www.amazon.com/Tool-connection-Ca...rds=cable+oiler

no I never could, I dunno why, there was a 1/4" metric deep socket set I needed but it had 5.5mm to 14mm, I didn't buy it because I only have need for 8mm to 14mm in the 1/4" set.

Bought woodworking tools. I work in masonry and concrete.

I rented a powersteering pump pulley puller and the parts guy gave a new unused set. Kept it since it was not beat up.

Last edited:
Just this week I bought a Wright Tool 70mm wrench because it was a great deal @ $75 on Amazon. This 1 wrench retails for $554. I have absolutely no practical use for it but plan on mounting it on my shop wall as garage art.
DSC00001.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

Anything that I find that I have to borrow from the neighbor, I then go out and buy.

He doesn't mind, but he appreciates that policy as well.

All too often. Many tools only used once, but nice to have. On my 3rd cordless impact wrench, $1200 later. Because I learned what they can see at work, I just bought a $2000 Fluke infrared thermal imaging camera, that is a cheaper one. You can't have too many tools, and you have to have the right one for the job, or pay someone else. Like my best friend that refused to buy a scan tool, because he didn't think it was needed. Loaned him mine, 3 months ago, and could have used it a couple times since.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Bought a nice Porter-Cable biscuit joiner. Still waiting to use it.

I also bought a coax compression tool, because I heard it is better than crimping. Not that there was anything wrong with my crimping tool, which I use about once every two years.

There are probably other examples.

Get some glue and have at it....THe PC joiner is easy and fun!

Pretty sure I've spent less on tools, than my wife has on shoes, and it would take a lot more tool boxes.

Originally Posted By: Traction
Pretty sure I've spent less on tools, than my wife has on shoes, and it would take a lot more tool boxes.

You are so right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back