Do you advertise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you advertise the name of the dealership where you bought your car?

The majority of the vehicles I see in my area,all have a dealership license plate frame still on the car.

A few have one of the stickers that a dealer put on the tailgate or rear of the car. That seems to be a midwest/southern thing though.

Before I leave the lot,I take off anything that advertises the name of the dealer I purchased at. They aren't paying me,I'm not advertising for them.

Same here.

No license plate or frame and no sticker on the vehicle.

Last vehicle already had a sticker on it. Took it off as soon as I got home.

My STI was a floor model, with a sticker on the back and a banner on the windshield. I had them remove both. Unless they're paying me, I'm not advertising.

Dealer decals and badges are a personal pet peeve of mine. I remove them at first opportunity. The license plate frames also get removed.

nope.

no dealer markings. Plastic plates, frames and badge are stuffed in the garage somewhere.

I wonder how many people get tickets for obstructing a license plate because of those dealer license plate frames. Seems like for awhile all the Tier1 luxury cars had huge dealer frames on them.

Many many years ago, before I knew better, I bought a car from one of those "buy here pay here" lots.

When I came back to make a payment, the sales manager stopped me and told me that I, "...had to have the dealer badge on the car."

I retrieved the sales contract and asked him to show me where I agreed to advertise for them. He could not. In the meantime, one of his staff affixed another chrome plastic badge on my car. I pulled out of the edge of the parking lot and peeled that one off too.

The manager told me that if their tow truck driver saw you broken down, he would give you a free tow to thier repair facility (where you can apply the repairs to the monthly payment at only double the cost of what you would pay at a regular repair shop)

A friend that repossesses cars later told me that it makes it easier to identify the car you need to repo. See the badge, get the VIN, wheel lift and haul buns to a better location to secure the car.

Depends on the decal type and where they placed it at. If it doesn't bother me it stays, if it does then it goes.

From the classic movie "repoman"

Bud: A repo man spends his life getting into tense situations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miller: The life of a repo man is always intense.

When I bought my Mazda I asked the salesperson to not put any dealer advertisements on the car and he noted my request on the purchase agreement.

I especially don't get how people allow the dealership to put the letter/marker/logo/decal on the paint of their new car.

I pull any stickers, or license plate frames at first opportunity. Living in a state where only 1 lincense plate is required, if I happen to purchase a car with the front tag holder that otherwise can't be removed without leaving unsightly holes where it was mounted, I might leave the dealer plate in there until I can find something better suited. That's only because I like the look of "something" being there rather then nothing, it would not, however, take me long to find a replacement.

Its not just the whole advertising for the dealer aspect for me, I just can't stand stickers and all sorts of other junk cluttering my car up, including factory badges.

Nope.
My Trans Am's frame says. "Leave Late, Drive Fast, get there early."
The rest of the cars have no stickers or frames.
They do however have base decals on the windshield, I work on base. They are required to get through security.

I have G-oil and Amsoil stickers to cover scratches on back bumper from previous owner
smile.gif

Nope. I took those off as soon as I got home. Same with my Mom's car.
Mine just has a simple black frame on the back; I think it looks better with some trim. Just not unsightly huge ones or with words.
Also, a clear cover on the front to make it easier to clean bugs.

Hate those stickers! I remove them immediately to prevent paint damage. I used to not mind the plate frames, until one wore through the paint from rubbing.

I find it hillarious the way some people get so offended because the dealer is trying to get "free advertising"
smirk.gif
by putting a decal and/or license plate frame on their new vehicle. I have more important things to worry about. Doesn't bother me in the least.

I actually like the dealer I do business with as well. They treat me right and are pretty much friends. I wouldn't buy a vehicle at a dealer I didn't like so I have no problem with a dealer sticker. I do remove the license plate frame just because a plastic frame is ugly.

My new Jeep has the dealer sticker( bottom left ) and it can stay there. Not hurting a thing. IN the photo the License plate frame is still on but that is because I still had the temp plates. It is off now.

IMG_1491.jpg

Last edited:
i like my cars with all but only the make emblem on them no model or trim emblems and no plate frames or stickers whatsoever. simple nice and clean!

i notice carmax leaves that ugly vinyl on their cars on the top left corner. If i were to buy a car from them i'd have them take it offon the spot before taking delivery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back