Do you advertise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my last car, I had them remove their sticker before I left the dealer.

There's a high end car dealer in my area, and people think of it as a status thing to have their sticker on their car.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Dealer decals and badges are a personal pet peeve of mine. I remove them at first opportunity. The license plate frames also get removed.

I agree. For my G37, which I bought used, I actually installed the plate frame the dealer gave me, intentionally, believe it or not. The plate would rattle unless the frame was there. I'm sure they gave me bolts that were too long intentionally to make sure I'd put it on.
wink.gif
I just haven't gotten around to finding proper bolts.

I leave their name on mine. Of course they buy $15,000 per month from me in oil, so it is good to advertise them.

I have a plate frame on the rear of my Mustang from a different Ford dealer than I bought it. Reason being: my uncle who works at their parts/service shop like the attention.

But I wouldn't mind advertising for the dealer I bought it from, because they were stellar.

That's just me.

No, I also request that they don't mount a front license plate frame even though my state requires it. I'll take the ticket.

I don't care as long as the dealer puts the sticker on level.

I did notice, though, that the dealer who sold me the Cobalt *didn't* put a sticker on the car even though the rest of the cars in the lot had stickers. Since the car was on the lot for at least 2 months after I first spotted it, I'm assuming this was deliberate, maybe the people who buy performance cars object so he saves the hassle and doesn't sticker them? I'll have to see if the tags Corvettes the next time I'm on the lot.

I took off the license plate bracket, but I still have the logo in the corner, as do the other cars. Doesn't bother me, and we like that dealer so.... why not?

IMG_0600.jpg

The one on the S10 fell off while washing it. Right about the time I paid it off. The Camaro has one on it now since about May. I did it for nostalgia purposes, a very prevalant dealer in town during the '80's and '90's, I worked there during the last two years before he sold out to another dealer principal. I got quite a collection of dealer memorabilla during the last few weeks he was open, including the decals bearing the dealerships name. Since the Camaro is off the show circuit, and being driven more I decided why not. Plus if I would have been able to buy an '84 new back in the day I would've bought it from this dealer.

My '96 Contour has a small dealer "decal" on the bumper. It doesn't bother me. They've been good to me. I think my 2002 F150 has the plate holder advertisement, same dealer. Again it doesn't bother me. Life's too short to worry about minor things. What does po me off is when a dealer uses the cheap hard plastic badges that are affixed via drilling HOLES in your vehicle. Rust city here we come! I see a fair amount of newer Caddies with this
smirk.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: david_ES2
i notice carmax leaves that ugly vinyl on their cars on the top left corner. If i were to buy a car from them i'd have them take it offon the spot before taking delivery.

My Carmax salesman actually asked if I wanted the decal removed before he brought the car around. I took him up on that.

Off topic--one of these days, I'm getting me one of those windshield decals that scream out "Sunbird" or "Accord" or whatever in 8-inch tall letters, just in case people aren't sure.

Classic BMW has a Texas flag emblem instead of an actual dealer badge or sticker

3758886969x400.jpg

I'd leave that alone. But I would probably pitch the license plate frame.

Interestingly enough, I don't recall ever seeing the flag emblem on a 7'er. Just 3 and 5 series

Back when we lived in Lansing ('00-'02), there was a dealer who said in a commercial that "If you don't want anyone to know you bought from a crazy cowboy just say so and "shhhhh" we'll take the sticker off for ya". Sundance, I think the place was.

He had all sorts of crazy commercials. "Come buy a car we'll let you ride a horse". But I remember that sticker removal one pretty vividly.

OT: I remove them as long as it's not going to take too much effort.

I also leave on the sticker from the satellite tracing service. That way the carjackers know they will not get away. The car will be shut down as soon as I report it stolen and the police will know exactly where it is.

The carjackers will go for easier targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back