do tires wear out uneven when a car is lowered

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now my new questions are tell me more please about custom rate springs?
someone told me that they put shock setting to a certain setting in the rear so they can get the car to turn the corner faster. have u heard anything about that?
what is a rear anti-sway bar? i heard of sway and strut bar but not anti-sway bar. and when i was at the track during the rain. they said anyone that can remove sway and strut bars do so . are they easy to put on and off?
and the only tire wear im concern about is uneven tire wear. and I do have another set of rims and tires for track only.
chris u are a great help.
I jsut had an idea. what if i just got shocks only. that would make me not worrya bout shocks anymore. what would u say??? cause i like my ride hieght.

by the eway, thanks for everyone help.
my new question. lets say i lower my car, get coilovers. and get a camber kit. how difficult or high maintenance would it be if i had my car at 0 camber one day and negative camber for the track.( i hear that negative camber is good at the track.)
Some guy is telling me I need to tune it for the track and for the streets. How hard would that be? Can i keep it the same at a good in the middle setting?

thank you very much. yea i want to know all the pros and cons before i go on lowering my car., thank you very much for your post

After watching this discussion progress for a while:

I seem to recall that a Prelude is a strut-suspended car. Struts have some special problems when agressive lowering is dialed in. That problem is that the roll centers are moved by large amounts (downward) and this causes the car to want very heavy springs to counteract the roll. The way to fix this issue is to raise the inner suspension pick-up points the same amount as the car is lowered. This, alone, can drop you back to 400 lb springs (from 600 lb) and still have the same resistance to roll, with a much better ride (and slightly better traction).

I suspect that you need to do some more research into roll centers, instant centers, and suspension geometry before committing to any particular path of 'development'. Since you haven't done anything yet, is sugest you start with a package that includes the ability to adjust cornerweights, and find a mechanic or suspension alignment shop with cornerweighting equiptment (scales).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back