Do they have an updated diesel lubricity additive chart?

They made a nice comparison test back in 2007 that showed the HFRR wear scar for a number of lubricity additives, but I haven't seen anything since then. It would be nice to know if the additive I use still meets the spec.

There was a forum or forumuser that collected fuel additives and sent them off for testing, mixed with untreated diesel fuel IIRC. Most likely this is what The Motor Guy is referring to. Stanadyne did well IIRC...

No idea what forum it was though.

They made a nice comparison test back in 2007 that showed the HFRR wear scar for a number of lubricity additives, but I haven't seen anything since then. It would be nice to know if the additive I use still meets the spec.
What additive do you use? What state are you in? Some states now require bio diesel to be blended into the fuel for sale and it does not need to be labeled if it is under 5%. Even 1% bio has enough lubricity IMO to go additive free. That being said I still use one most of the time, but mostly because I am afraid of water.

IMO the spicer report is so old now I consider it useless. No one knows if and how the products have been reformulated over the years and what effect it has had on their performance.

Indont know if they still do bio diesel or not. They used to always have stickers, until a couple years ago they seem to be gone for the most part.

Here a map to find Biodiesel retailers.

There are no retailers close to me so I continue to use supertech TCW3 at 200:1 for the diesel tractor. Dunno if it works but, it hasn’t hurt. If I could find a Biodiesel blend close by I would skip the supertech.

Looks like they're stopping bio diesel in Texas on December 31st. Just going by a quick search on the internet. Something about the clean air act.

Think about how many millions of trucks and heavy equipment are running hard everyday.... that last often for 20, 30k+ hours. I've seen trucks with 50k hours on the orginal engine and fuel system.
If fuel lube was a widespread issue, it'd be well known and corrected.

Think about how many millions of trucks and heavy equipment are running hard everyday.... that last often for 20, 30k+ hours. I've seen trucks with 50k hours on the orginal engine and fuel system.
If fuel lube was a widespread issue, it'd be well known and corrected.
I still see bio diesel stickers on the pumps so that takes care of the lubricity issue. Guess they didn't get rid of it like I thought they were going to. Definitely runs smoother on b20 from buccees than any other station that doesn't advertise it. Most of the older trucks that benefited from it are gone now.

Back