Do Oil Companies Lurk @ BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
burntkat - please look at the date of the letter. The point of posting the letter is to show indeed that Amsoil has responded to almost every point I brought up! I am not only amazed that they have, I am just as amazed that you didn't get the point. (dude - you have one huge case of prejudice)

New air filters, new oil formulations, new MT oils, new ATF, complete new oil OCI written recommendation. Really good stuff!!!

Always good to hear from Johnny. I think many here respect him for being upfront about working for Pennzoil, giving us the straight facts, and neither puffing Pennzoil or bashing the competition. When you have a quality product, it is easier to stick to the facts.

quote:

If oil companies lurk here, it's probably just the marketing folks; the engineering groups probably have it bookmarked under "Humor".

Actually, my comment is in the same vein, that the technical folks tend to browse the forums more for the entertainment value than anything else.

And I'm sure some of my posts over the last couple of years have generated some laughs, too!
grin.gif

Johnny - Again, congratulations on the wrap-up of your career with Pennzoil!

Your many comments reflecting your experience in the lubricants industry have certainly been a plus to the forums. You have handled the difficult topics with professionalism.

Oh, by the way, sign up the new guy & we'll see how well he handles the "Everyone knows Pennzoil makes sludge" topics!
tongue.gif

I was under the impression that you were asking questions, and hadn't gotten answers yet. I'll have to reread it [am a bit tired], unless you wish to link to another reply?

Either way-- until Amsoil's available at a parts store locally, I'll not be going that route. I honestly think that even if they're 100% unbiased in their testing-- and of course they're not-- when you're talking Amsoil/Redline/M1/GC and equivalent, you're splitting an awful fine hair. It is worth it to me not to have to deal with the MLM rigamarole or having to go to lengths beyond driving to the LAPS to purchase oil.

You're right, of course. I am prejudiced-- against companies that can't stick to the facts, and have to bash other products as "panther ****".

quote:

Originally posted by Michael Wan:

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
FTR- there is now a Chevron R&D person as a Forum Member. He chimed in for the first time on one of my threads. I don't remember which one and can't recall his name...doh. I could look it up if it was important, but I think we should let him ease into whatever role he chooses to play as a member. He did say most info here is spot-on.
grin.gif

Yep.

Err Sorry.
pat.gif

Forgot about that privacy business again. Didn't realize that it boiled down to location as well.
banghead.gif

[ November 01, 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

FTR- my local NAPA has a whole rack of AMSoil, and the prices look good...like $5.99-ish. The HDEO 15w-40 synth looks tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back