Do not mess with farm boys...

Playing with fire right there.

Badger decided killing him might be more effort than it was worth.

They had a good plan to get it out of its hole but no plan on what to do with it after they caught it.

even worse planning than when my idiot friends stole a big boy statue from one of the restaurants.

My phone rang they were giggling like girls- you gotta come over.....I jump on my Suzuki and when I get there they show me this giant fiberglass big boy on it side taking up most of the garage - now what I asked?

Morons ended up taking it back and bolted it back down.

Not sure what these boys had in mind after this - let it be, it'll probably get smoked by an implement, kill it, or relocate it.

Kids lucky it didnt start twisting and come back around on him. Even grizzly dont mess with badgers.

Last edited:
158K.gif

I have had contact with Badgers. They are a particularly fierce and bad-tempered animal. I wouldn't get anywhere near one let alone try to grab it. Grabbing one wouldn't make me a man or a tough guy, it would make me a fool! They can clean-out a chicken coupe in a day or two and an adult Badger can easily kill a human. Furthermore, they are fast and can easily catch a rabbit, and they can climb trees. The farmers/ranchers that I know dispatch them on sight. A 12 gauge is the weapon of choice because you don't want to wound one.

In rural areas that have badgers, they are legendary for their ferociousness and drive. Hunters know that your bird dog may see their last day if they mess with a badger. The move this kid made of catching on by hand is just stupid. Did you see the badger trying to snap is head around and get his teeth on him? How close do you think the teeth were? Maybe an inch or two? Had he connected, it would have been a very bad story for the kid. One of the characteristics of the weasel family, it when they get their teeth in prey, they don't let go. The instinct is also to go for the throat, because it works. Badgers win virtually every fight they get into.

We never messed with them.

Last edited:
I found out the wrong way to pick up a snapping turtle the hard way. It was the first one I found on my property. Didn't get bit, but it clawed the heck out of me with its feet!

Back