Do not buy an Echo PB-8010 / PB 9010 or Shindaiwa EB-810 / EB-910

After approx 1 year into ownership.....

I can assure you that once you try it just one time, you cannot be satisfied with anything else. It is about 4 ish pounds heavier than a Husqvarna 150BT / 350BT which is by far the most popular model sold at retail stores. The addiction is so bad that during the summer when you have no fallen leaves to clean up, you will invent all kinds of reasons to fire it up.

It makes a VERY expensive car drier. You can work your way around the car in about 2 minutes.

Those giants are popular with lawn care businesses but I run a Husqvarna 580BTS and I absolutely love it. Sure it doesn’t have the peak power of the 9010 but it’s way more comfortable and easier to start. People get seduced by the highest numbers. Horsepower wars for blowers.

The ergonomics of it not running are great, but if someone were to have a bad back or bad knees, the thrust from the end of the nozzle does add some complexity to its operation. It would be easy to not be paying attention and loose your footing a take a fall to the ground. The 150BT / 350BT does not add much detectable thrust.

Back