...do I want a 2020 Rogue? (Deceased leasee)

My uncle's father is riding his Goldwing. He celebrated 80 with an Iron Butt ride. Celebrated 83 with a 50cc. (Hilton Head to LA in 50 hours.) Celebrated 85 with a 8-ride. (49 states in 10 days.) Far as I know, he drives a 2009-ish F-150.
Yeah, everybody has hobbies when they retire. Some like getting new cars every 3 years. You'd save a lot of money on meals too if you just had bread and water (well maybe not that severe) but who wants to live like that in retirement? If it's not a financial hardship, there's no reason not to do it if you want to. Leasing isn't right for a certain segment, but it's a rather broad brush to paint everyone into that corner.

Leasing is car rental for the financially idiotic. It's the most-expensive way possible to drive a car. Never lease unless you can write off the payments for a business.
Not if you trade in a car every 3 years or so - but you may rightly call that practice idiotic too - Its a "Lifestyle choice"

It also depends on the resale value and marketability of the vehicle. Many premium/luxury brands tank in value over 5 years.
Given the Cost of new cars and people stretching financing to 6 years +
You will still likely be upside down in 3 years.

And don't say, "pay cash" - THAT is financially Idiotic with " free" loan money available in this economy.

That all said, I Leased my last car and Purchased my recent car.
I don't like to be worrying about the vehicle condition for turn in.
Especially the tires are usually toast when a lease is done, and who
wants to pay $500 bucks + to put new tires on car they are turning in?
- Ken

Reading the drifting of this post makes me wonder why would some one want to have a Nissan Rogue for a purchase or a lease? Do we need the SUV then can we afford the payments and or would it be a wise use of the money? I have done some smart thing and some dumb things in my life as well. Michael only you can decide the best use for your hard earned money. 239 a month for a vehicle isn't that expensive ,but is it a need or a want.

Not if you trade in a car every 3 years or so - but you may rightly call that practice idiotic too - Its a "Lifestyle choice"

It also depends on the resale value and marketability of the vehicle. Many premium/luxury brands tank in value over 5 years.
Given the Cost of new cars and people stretching financing to 6 years +
You will still likely be upside down in 3 years.

And don't say, "pay cash" - THAT is financially Idiotic with " free" loan money available in this economy.

That all said, I Leased my last car and Purchased my recent car.
I don't like to be worrying about the vehicle condition for turn in.
Especially the tires are usually toast when a lease is done, and who
wants to pay $500 bucks + to put new tires on car they are turning in?
- Ken
"Free" money meaning what, 0% loans on ridiculously long terms?

Yeah, those Zero per-center's are a BIG problem :)

Money available substantially below Average Market Returns.

If you are earning well over 10% why pull cash out when you can get a loan for 3.75% ?
On a personal level, because I don't want any liabilities. I'll take the profit made in market gains to more easily pay cash for a vehicle. Yes, I could reinvest and make more keeping it in stocks but it's more of an individual stance of actually owning what I own whenever possible. Historical data aside, you also can't assume that over a 3-year car note that the market will continue to do 10% a year.

On a personal level, because I don't want any liabilities. I'll take the profit made in market gains to more easily pay cash for a vehicle. Yes, I could reinvest and make more keeping it in stocks but it's more of an individual stance of actually owning what I own whenever possible. Historical data aside, you also can't assume that over a 3-year car note that the market will continue to do 10% a year.
Yeah, especially if it made 50% over the last 2 years, you mind as well lock in the gains because you could have a week where the market is down 5%.

If you like the Rogue and can actually use it, I'd have the son (if he has power of attorney) contact Nissan and say he may want to terminate the lease or else transfer it to a friend for $199 a month for the remaining term. BTW the SV trim is not the "lowest" trim level. That's S.

Back