Do any of you guys smoke in your cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoke cigars on occasion, and being busy, I tried smoking in the cigar sometimes.

It wasn't the smell I minded so much (you expect that) but the fact that little pieces of ash would get on the dashboard.

What do you guys do?

One option would be quit smoking. I used to smoke and I would get ashes everywhere; especially when 3 or 4 of my buddies would get in and we would all have a cigarette lit up. It just took a lot of cleaning

I don't smoke in my Car or in my cigar either
And I don't let other people light up. Oh I don't smoke but do have a few 2 year old cigars in my car.

Sorry I could not help it.
lol.gif

No smoking in the vehicles here or in the cigar either.
grin.gif
In ancient times I observed what weed seeds can do to cloth upholstery, nice holes in the cloth.

Also, ever been in a vehicle where people chew bacci and spit or try to spit out the windows. Tried out a used p-up from a Ford dealer that had brown crud down the passenger door. Guys wife chewed. Yuk
pat.gif

I'll smoke in your car, Lumberg, but not in mine.
Fastbear: You're supposed to pick out the seeds: they make you sterile.

Never. I've owned one car that was smoked in, probably only a couple times. 5 years later it still smells. I've cleaned tons of ashes out from behind the dash.

-T

I smoke in my car because my car smokes. I figured it was a good match, (no pun intended). I don't worry about the ashes. The dirt, sand and dead weeds cover it all up so you hardly know it's there.

I smoke in my truck and in my cigar, it just takes a little extra cleaning, but as greecguy said, with all the dust and leaves and such it would be hard to tell.

I used to use a PVC 2" elbow zipped into the front edge of my jeep plastic zip-down window. It was like a "no-draft" (vent window) of days past. The ventury effect just sucked everything outside. Nice convenient location for "wheel to ashtray" action ..no stray ashes.

but on the topic of smoking....

..my doctor was pleased to inform me that since I quit, I'll die in much better health. I should be around for the drooling and the diapers.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Lumberg:
I smoke cigars on occasion, and being busy, I tried smoking in the cigar sometimes.

It wasn't the smell I minded so much (you expect that) but the fact that little pieces of ash would get on the dashboard.

What do you guys do?

I still smoked cigs when I got my first plane. One day I asked the A&P about the potential harm that the cigarette smoke could do to the vacuum system, gyros, etc.

He gave me a funny look and said cigarette smoke would not harm the vacuum system or anything else in the airplane nearly as much as it would harm my lungs.

So, I would not worry about the ashes on the dashboard or any other part of the car. I quit smoking cigarettes the day I was told I had non-hodgkins lymphoma, but, once I got over that, I took up cigars. I will smoke in my old 90 Jag, but not the newish one, in the older 96 Chevy Blazer, but not the newish S-10, and not at all in the new GTO.

As long as its a good cigar, who cares. My wife smokes menthol cigerettes and her Aztec smells like a trash dump when you get in it. I made a comment to her about it saying I thought one of the kids left an old hamburger to rot in the car. Boy that did not go over to well. The wife came back at me about my chewing and spit cups. That ended the conversation real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back