Diy LED Flood lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about it, but when you try thinking about the housing, cooling, etc, it was much easier to buy one.

Amazon has a whole slew out outdoor lights running AC or DC, in different wattages.

http://www.amazon.com/30W-LED-white-Floo...led+flood+light

If you're thinking about a screw-in bulb type application, again, I know I could design one, but pricing out components, getting a board made and an appropriate sized heat sink while making it look half decent made it unfeasible.

Edit: btw, I bought a couple of those amazon lights and they both seem to be working well, although they're in the garage, not outdoors.

Last edited:
I bought couple of outdoor led lights today from Menards, they are sylvania brand and they HEAVY, I guess the heat sink makes it heavy and from what I have read the head dissipation is the most important thing for leds.

I will check out the amazon offerings, Thanks,

A halogen floodlight recently bit the dust, and the bulb is sealed in there with caulk. I'm thinking hard about a simple two-bulb fixture fitted with Cree's LED floodlights. For the amount it's used, it ought to last a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back