Diver Watches with Numeral markers Recommendation <$750

OP wants a bracelet. If worn during water sports, a bracelet is the least secure option. If one spring bar fails, gone is the watch. A diving style rubber or silicone strap is lighter and puts less stress on the spring bars. A true diving strap also expands sufficiently to be worn over a wet or dry suit over various depths without the need of having to constantly adjust strap tension. My preferred option for any watch used during vigorous activities on land or on and in the water is a NATO strap. Not only is it the most comfortable but the safest strap because even if one spring bar breaks the watch remains securely attached to the strap by the second spring bar. NATO straps are also very cool looking and inexpensive.

Last edited:
Why not buy another Citizen?
Citizen is too stingy with Sapphire crystals and I’ve found their existing crystals to be very easy to scratch. I actually like Eco Drive quartz movements. The Nighthawk on my wrist is 12 years old and has never needed to be opened up.

OP wants a bracelet. If worn during water sports, a bracelet is the least secure option. If one spring bar fails, gone is the watch. A diving style rubber or silicone strap is lighter and puts less stress on the spring bars. A true diving strap also expands sufficiently to be worn over a wet or dry suit over various depths without the need of having to constantly adjust strap tension. My preferred option for any watch used during vigorous activities on land or on and in the water is a NATO strap. Not only is it the most comfortable but the safest strap because even if one spring bar breaks the watch remains securely attached to the strap by the second spring bar. NATO straps are also very cool looking and inexpensive.
Almost everything I’ve got has a nato strap on it, prefer it in hot weather here in AZ. I like the metal bracelet and diver style for this because I can wear it in a business setting but it can take abuse of being on the road.

**edit sorry see you’re replying to the other suggestion.

Almost everything I’ve got has a nato strap on it, prefer it in hot weather here in AZ. I like the metal bracelet and diver style for this because I can wear it in a business setting but it can take abuse of being on the road.

**edit sorry see you’re replying to the other suggestion.
You should of course wear what your are most comfortable with. I wouldn't wear my diver to a business meeting because it's distractingly large and it won't fit under a sleeve cuff. I do wear a tool watch in a business setting, usually a chronograph on a leather strap.

Citizen is too stingy with Sapphire crystals and I’ve found their existing crystals to be very easy to scratch. I actually like Eco Drive quartz movements. The Nighthawk on my wrist is 12 years old and has never needed to be opened up.
I have a Citizen Perpetual Calendar. It has a sapphire crystal. I bought the Citizen to replace an automatic Seiko. The Citizen is a much better watch than the Seiko. Those Orient watches look like a pretty good buy. What about Bulova?

Back