Distribution: Mobil 1 vs. Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use both, and am happy with both mobil 1 0w20(02 civic) and the amsoil 10w40 motorcycle(honda aquatrax f12x turbo jetski). Honestly, I think both are great oils. Reason I chose m1 0w20 is I wanted a real pao synthetic oil, not a group 3 like amsoils 5w20. Plus, the amsoil is overpriced. On the motorcycle subject, I can get amsoils 10w40 cheaper than I can get the mobil mx4t 10w40 by about 2 bucks difference per quart($6 vs 8). So, it all equals out somewhere.

quote:

Originally posted by Donald:
Amsoil is one of the cheapest oils (in cost, not quality) if you go through the math for the extended oil change at 25K miles. Amsoil also warranties the engine if its damaged by their oil/filter changing the oil at 25K.

Then there is the 300-400 million gallons of used motor oil to contend with per year because people change their oil earlier than necessary.

I think the 25k mile OCI myth has been busted repeatedly on this site. As for Amsoil's warranty, you better hope you'll never need it. I suspect it would be easier to fly to Mars than getting a nickel from Amsoil.
I believe they make an outstanding oil....it's just over-hyped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back