Disposal of old stale gas ?

Originally Posted by JohnG
Just take some of it along with your waste oil, or mix it in, etc.

DO NOT DO THIS!!

Gasoline will mix with used motor oil just fine, BUT the vapors will still come up into the top of the tank and will be extremely flammable.
When somebody comes to pump the tank, be it Safety Kleen, or any others, they usually check the vapors for flammability, the whole tank could fail that test and be rejected.

It will also put others in danger of an explosion. At my local O'rielly's that tank is in the back of the store, near the double doors for access. Guess what else workers do out there? Smoke.

Recycling of used oil is a great benefit to me and is usually a free service. Don't do anything to screw this up.

X2. I changed a fuel filter and used our oil drain pan to keep the gas off my shoes. The place that picks up the used oil tested it and found the few ounces of gas so they charged us $5 gallon to dispose of it. Ooops

Originally Posted by Chris142

X2. I changed a fuel filter and used our oil drain pan to keep the gas off my shoes. The place that picks up the used oil tested it and found the few ounces of gas so they charged us $5 gallon to dispose of it. Ooops

But that's exactly what you ask for by living in CA. Nutjobs, can't get anything done besides causing problems, so to counter the productivity loss, everything has to cost more.

Originally Posted by JohnG
Just take some of it along with your waste oil, or mix it in, etc.

DO NOT DO THIS!!

Gasoline will mix with used motor oil just fine, BUT the vapors will still come up into the top of the tank and will be extremely flammable.
When somebody comes to pump the tank, be it Safety Kleen, or any others, they usually check the vapors for flammability, the whole tank could fail that test and be rejected.

It will also put others in danger of an explosion. At my local O'rielly's that tank is in the back of the store, near the double doors for access. Guess what else workers do out there? Smoke.

Recycling of used oil is a great benefit to me and is usually a free service. Don't do anything to screw this up.

Blow by?

10 gallons of old gas isn't worth the hassle of using. What's gas right now? $1.50 a gallon on average? Yeah no thanks. Sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

Craigslist or Facebook it for free, use it as a fire starter in small doses. Kill some tree stumps with it in small doses, take it to your local recycling center.

Back