Discovery tv series'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and any of you gentlemen and ladies watch the "MOONSHINERS" series or GOLD RUSH? I dont much care for the time, expense and gambles made to find gold myself. I do like the Moonshiner series and I always loved DIRTY JOBS and really love SWAMP LOGGERS.

thank you in advance folks

adam in PA

Yeah, I love that show and the people that work for Bobby. Hard work, but gives you a lil better appreciation for the timber, hardwood industry and great show.

I seen "Swamp People", but don't care for it much...
crazy2.gif

Love Discovery channel. Deadliest Catch, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are my favorites.... Can't beat Ice Pilots NWT on History Channel though!
smile.gif

I mean SWAMP LOGGERS. Never watched SWAMP PEOPLE at all. Saw reviews for it, some hard core folks down there

adam

Originally Posted By: civic09
I mean SWAMP LOGGERS. Never watched SWAMP PEOPLE at all. Saw reviews for it, some hard core folks down there

I like most of the shows, I like Gold rush just to see how unorganized and inefficient they are and how I could do better, just the engineering in my blood.
Love dangerous catch, dirty jobs, swamp loggers, curiosity

Moonshiners in my opinion is a joke, if they really were doing illegal operations and being filmed, the ATF, FBI, or law would be shutting them down and hauling them to jail for producing moonshine and tax evasion.

Last edited:
I used to love Discovery and History Channel, but its like a soap opera now.

IRT is lame now, Swamp People, Axe Men etc are lame now. I like Dirtiest Jobs and the Aliens shows because that guy with the crazy hair is hilarious:

i-cant-explain-it-so-it-must-be-aliens.jpg

Yeah, Moonshiners is kinda getting dumb every episode. Tims helper "tickle" is on something I know that for a fact. Seems every time they show him, he has a beer in his hand.

I do like the FLYING WILD ALASKA though

adam

Originally Posted By: gw105
Can't beat Ice Pilots NWT on History Channel though!
smile.gif

I love that show. That and Flying Wild Alaska (it's a bit more soap operaish though). Those guys from Buffalo Aviation have some outrageous sized stones to do what they do.

Originally Posted By: civic09
What time is ICE PILOTS/NWT on? Never saw that yet

adam

It's on National Geographic here.

They're a bit behind the times; upgrading from DC-3s to DC-4s and now to Lockheed Electras!

Last edited:
Yeah, I did see a couple episodes of that show when I got National Geographic Channel free for 1 month. Brave men they are

I watched a couple episodes of Moonshiners once.
Click to reveal..
And yeah, Tickle always looks stoned.

The Swamp Loggers seem like some hard working people. It's also nice to see owners like Bobby who appear to really care for his employees.

Yeah, thats what I like, that when they get 100 loads of logs, they get a free meal Friday. Wish my company would do stuff like that

adam

Originally Posted By: volk06
I like most of the shows, I like Gold rush just to see how unorganized and inefficient they are and how I could do better, just the engineering in my blood.
Love dangerous catch, dirty jobs, swamp loggers, curiosity

Moonshiners in my opinion is a joke, if they really were doing illegal operations and being filmed, the ATF, FBI, or law would be shutting them down and hauling them to jail for producing moonshine and tax evasion.
There are also breaking federal law (the dispensary) in "Weed Wars". They (DEA) busted all the dispensaries here in Spokane recently and put them on notice for the future as they will lose the real estate (landlords etc) too that any medical weed is sold in.

I used to watch a few of these shows. After a while I honestly got tired of them. I believe much of what is filmed and displayed is over-dramatized and corny. They KNOW they've got a camera on them and they also KNOW that if they don't act over-the-top about simple issues...then they won't get the ratings.
There are so many interesting stories to tell about this world...but these shows really bore me.

Yes, its true they know the camera is on, and a lot of the snmall detail and some themes are Staged. (Like the arguments they have on Pawn Stars). Still its all good stuff in my opinion, and better than watching shows like "threes Company"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back