Discovered Two Tire Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine and I have discovered two online tire sites with competative prices and shipping. I must say that I have no relationship with either of these two companies/sites and I am not a rep! I was just looking for tires and was comparing apples to apples when we came across these sites. I have been using Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct, and Treadepot, Mavis and Shop Streed Tires, all as references to tires and then buying from the one with the best price including shipping(DTD has been my choice lately).....These two sites are:

Tire Easy(tireeasy.com) I did some comparing of same model/size tire, and tire easy is competative(shipped).

Tire Team(tireteam.com) Of the tires that I compared, again, same tire and size, this web site had the best price and lowest shipping even when comparing to other sites that offer free shipping. So far so good!

These on-line places just don't make sense to me. I've checked them the last few times I bought tires and they are ALWAYS higher than local shops.

I just checked the above site for the set I purchased a few weeks ago. Their price is $794.80 plus shipping, plus installation when they get here. Local shop was $800 out the door, with free lifetime rotation and balancing. Plus I only spent 30-40 minutes on the entire transaction.

You might want to check reviews of the actual sites prior to making a decision. There are a lot of complaints against tires-easy.

i can't stand Tires-easy; they screwed up on my tire order and would not honor the price on the website; apparently it was a mistake and they gave me the run around and said the tire was on backorder indefintely- brand new tire from Bridgestone. After i cancelled the order- they changed the price on the website. I would have been fine if they were up front about their mistake and were willing to work with me but they lied to me and gave me the run around.

I ended up going back to Tirerack. Great customer service and prices. For me- Tirerack is usually 25-50% cheaper. I know some places will match the prices and others have realized that they need to compete on price with Tirerack.

Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
These on-line places just don't make sense to me. I've checked them the last few times I bought tires and they are ALWAYS higher than local shops.

That has not been my experience. One of my local guys told me to buy from Tire Rack, so I did, and had them shipped to him - and he mounted and balanced.

He told me TR's price was less than his cost.

I just checked the above site for the set I purchased a few weeks ago. Their price is $794.80 plus shipping, plus installation when they get here. Local shop was $800 out the door, with free lifetime rotation and balancing. Plus I only spent 30-40 minutes on the entire transaction.

You must have a very nice/special vehicle...I've never spent that kind of money on 4 tires. I could and have put tires on 2 of my vehicles for that and have money leftover. But anyway, like I always say, "ya gotta shop around". I haven't been able to get what I want(tire/price) from the local tires stores so, I have been buying online.

Im going to recheck the prices(apples-apples) when Im ready to buy again. If the differences in cost are very small, I'll stay with TR or DTD. I don't want any hastles.

I found out about tires easy when a coworker told me he bought from there. He didn't have any problems, but reeaing some of the other posts here he might have been lucky. I've gone on their website, alot of tire brands I've never heard of.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

You must have a very nice/special vehicle...I've never spent that kind of money on 4 tires. I could and have put tires on 2 of my vehicles for that and have money leftover. But anyway, like I always say, "ya gotta shop around". I haven't been able to get what I want(tire/price) from the local tires stores so, I have been buying online.

Im going to recheck the prices(apples-apples) when Im ready to buy again. If the differences in cost are very small, I'll stay with TR or DTD. I don't want any hastles.

Nothing outrageously nice or special. Just a Toyota Tundra that runs Michelins.

I do get the idea that most folks are comparing the online store price with just one local quote. I had to call 5 or 6 places to get the best price in the local area.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

Nothing outrageously nice or special. Just a Toyota Tundra that runs Michelins.

I do get the idea that most folks are comparing the online store price with just one local quote. I had to call 5 or 6 places to get the best price in the local area.

Me too! I'm always checking the local tire shops so that I am always in check with their prices as compared to the online stores. Having 4 cars to keep up, each one needing tires at different time, keeping on top of prices is a must. We are fortunate in my area as we have just about every nation wide tire dealer at a short driving distance. Good/Year, Firestone, Sears, PebBoys plus local/regional tire stores such as KOST Tire and DUNN Tire, both having many stores in upstate NY.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
That is quite a few....

Yeah, and there are more! Plus the Mom & Pop or the local gas station/garage.

I've seen some old dates on tires at the local shops as well, while I know the Tire Rack sells newer ones and beats the price of the locals especially if you use a Tire Rack recommended installer. Every tire store whether online or down the street is local to someone, so just use your own noggin.

The tireteam site has a lower price for a tire I have been looking at. What i find strange is they say the warranty miles is 15000 more than any other site i have seen the tire on.

Discount Tire Direct was fantastic for me. Low prices and FREE shipping AND I used their $40 rebate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back