Discount Tire 5 stars from me

I ordered on line 4 Milestar Weatherguard AS710 sport tires last Wednesday.
Got a call yesterday that the tires were at the store and I made a 5 PM appointment for today.
They said 45 minutes to replace all 4.
The car went into the bay at exactly 5 PM and came out at 5:31 PM.
Well done Discount Tire.

The only disappointment from DT is that they don't have any stores in the northeast (closest store is in Pittsburgh) :poop:

Had to go back to them as the center cap was missing when I got home. Had to go through the ordeal of ordering one and taking the receipt to them to get reimbursed. Also had to get tires rebalanced. I view them like a football team. You have teams with both good coaches and players and then you have the Jets. Never seen a DT employee in the shop 30 plus years of age.

Had to go back to them as the center cap was missing when I got home. Had to go through the ordeal of ordering one and taking the receipt to them to get reimbursed. Also had to get tires rebalanced. I view them like a football team. You have teams with both good coaches and players and then you have the Jets. Never seen a DT employee in the shop 30 plus years of age.
SA, that is discount tire business model for hiring. Another company has a like model, enterprise car rental. Enterprise hires four year college graduates, offer these grads a manager trainee position, which exempts then from overtime. If these young people rock, they can move up in enterprise. Most don't rock and leave. That is why enterprise has such a young staff

I love DT. Only bad experience I’ve had is when they busted the clear coat on the Giulia wheels. They did right though and bought two new wheels.

Mazda still goes there. The Alfa, not so much 😂.

Thirty-one minutes to drive vehicle into service bay and lift off ground, remove 20 lug nuts, remove 4 wheels, dismount 4 tires, install 4 tires, balance 4 tires, re-install 4 wheels, re-install 20 lug nuts, properly torque 20 lug nuts, lower vehicle and back vehicle out of service bay.

What could possibly go wrong? It usually takes me a good 45 minutes to decide what beer I'm going to sip on while I do my own tires.

Remember, haste makes waste.

Last edited:
Got a call yesterday that the tires were at the store and I made a 5 PM appointment for today.
Well done Discount Tire.
That is how I was impressed once, just to realize they forgot to install TPMS on all 4 wheels and tried to convince me that it is TPMS module.

That is how I was impressed once, just to realize they forgot to install TPMS on all 4 wheels and tried to convince me that it is TPMS module.
I don't know what they are called but the guy showed me old round metal collars (?) and said they replaced them with new ones for the TPMS.

I don't know what they are called but the guy showed me old round metal collars (?) and said they replaced them with new ones for the TPMS.
Nah, these were new TPMS purchased with wheels and tires through them. They called me and said all is in. Out the door in no time. But, my TPMS did not want to reset automatically.
That was the second time. I got TPMS through them for VW and they did not want to automatically reset. Again, trying to convince me it was the TPMS module.
When it happened 2nd time I realized purchasing on eBay is safer than DT.

Discount Tire can be really good for some things. The road hazard certificates are great along with the way they actually honor the treadwear warranty for a tire. The downside I've found is that they seem to really struggle with actually balancing the tires. Both my friend and I have had numerous issues with them balancing tires. That said, I will go to them because the prices are competitive, and they seem to actually care for the vehicle.

Discount Tire can be really good for some things. The road hazard certificates are great along with the way they actually honor the treadwear warranty for a tire. The downside I've found is that they seem to really struggle with actually balancing the tires. Both my friend and I have had numerous issues with them balancing tires. That said, I will go to them because the prices are competitive, and they seem to actually care for the vehicle.
After the tires were installed I drove to the nearest entrance to I70 and because of traffic I could only get to 65 MPH and no shake at that speed.
This is my wife's car and she is the most critical beast on the planet.
So we will see how she likes the new tires. 😨

Thirty-one minutes to drive vehicle into service bay and lift off ground, remove 20 lug nuts, remove 4 wheels, dismount 4 tires, install 4 tires, balance 4 tires, re-install 4 wheels, re-install 20 lug nuts, properly torque 20 lug nuts, lower vehicle and back vehicle out of service bay.

What could possibly go wrong? It usually takes me a good 45 minutes to decide what beer I'm going to sip on while I do my own tires.

Remember, haste makes waste.
I think this all the time when people tell me they can do a brake job in 30-45 minutes. How?? It takes me a solid 10-20 to get all four wheels off the ground and secured (safely) and another 5-10 to get the wheels off. I've never bragged about being the speediest of workers, but man, it's not like I'm taking a break after each lug nut either.

I think this all the time when people tell me they can do a brake job in 30-45 minutes. How?? It takes me a solid 10-20 to get all four wheels off the ground and secured (safely) and another 5-10 to get the wheels off. I've never bragged about being the speediest of workers, but man, it's not like I'm taking a break after each lug nut either.
If you are very familiar with it. I changed the front pads on BMW at the track event in 30min range. Though calipers on BMW are super simple.

Well done Discount Tire.
Similar story with my wife’s Pilot. Even was able to get into Firestone for an alignment afterwards.

Next time you work, record yourself. Then watch the video later. You will be surprised by how many efficiency improvements can be made.

Next time you work, record yourself. Then watch the video later. You will be surprised by how many efficiency improvements can be made.
I didn't watch them change the tires but I suspect they had 2 people doing one car.
That would be 15 minutes each to do 2 tires,I guess if that's all you do all day you get pretty fast.

Three shops in my area have trouble balancing tires. Balancing tires is important.

Back